Longest distance in one day?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

430km. or thereabouts.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Blimey - some big miles here - 120 miles here - like cheadle hulme - in the Manchester 100, plus the 10 miles there and back.

Knees were a bit goosed the next day, which slowed the ride to work down - just couldn't put any power through them.

Not a big mile muncher here - I get bored.

yenrod

Ive done a ton & 5 orso when I done my ton on my own :laugh:

I was quite proud of that as that was part of a 1000mls a months for 4 months over consecutive years.

And that was with not stopping either side of the 'peaking months'.

As much as I love cycling ~ I hate it sometimes too.

Its like sex: if you have it ALL the time - you get bored with it.

yenrod

dan_bo said:
Did 140 manchester-blackpool-manchester getting lost in preston twice on the way back. On an 81" fixed. My left knee exploded two miles from home. Like foss I get bored.

Sometimes I get bored on a ride and think (after about 2hrs) - I want to go home now: then the real ride starts!

yenrod

fossyant said:
Blimey - some big miles here - 120 miles here - like cheadle hulme - in the Manchester 100, plus the 10 miles there and back.

Knees were a bit goosed the next day, which slowed the ride to work down - just couldn't put any power through them.

Not a big mile muncher here - I get bored.

You need TIME pedals pal !!!!!!!!

yenrod

I, next year will hopefully will hook up with the 'manchesters' on here and muster some ride of some kind.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
yenrod said:
You need TIME pedals pal !!!!!!!!

Nope - Knees fine - just the massive increase in what I'm used to (normally sub 40 mile rides).

Anyway...... Time are fugly..... you won't find better looking pedals than C Record Looks (hence why it's one of only two Campag bits on my best bike - the other is the seat pin bolt).. PS Shimano didn't do ARC on their Look compatibles - had DA pedals - got rid - no float.....

Time...pah...Frenchies........ :o):tongue:

Top Bottom