Longest Road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
No, but I bet the Romans are to blame!

tyred

Legendary Member
Depends how you define straight. I know a road which travels in a straight line for miles on end but it has so many hills, it's shaped like a Sine wave.

Bokonon

Über Member
A15 from Lincoln to the M180 is supposedly it, IIRC. It does kink to by-pass one town, but it looks like the original route is still there, just down-graded.

jay clock

Massive member
Broughton near Scunthorpe due south on what is mainly A15, looks pretty straight, but you have to go round a big roundabout at the M180. I make it about 27.5km if you go as far as an airfield near Aisthorp

But I live miles away!

Bodhbh

Guru
jay clock said:
Broughton near Scunthorpe due south on what is mainly A15, looks pretty straight, but you have to go round a big roundabout at the M180. I make it about 27.5km if you go as far as an airfield near Aisthorp

But I live miles away!
Also in Lincolnshire (guess flat helps) there's the A16 south of Boston but I guess not quite as long. The old Watling Street (A5) is made up of several similar v straight sections from London right thru to Shrewsbury. It sticks out like a sore thumb compared to modern roads on a map arching across.

Top Bottom