Lorry with build in table kills cyclist.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
But why can you even buy a tray to fit on a dashboard? You're supposed to drive a vehicle not have a picnic or do your homework or the crossword while on the move.

Brains

Legendary Member
But why can you even buy a tray to fit on a dashboard? You're supposed to drive a vehicle not have a picnic or do your homework or the crossword while on the move.

Unfortunately its not illegal to sell illegal add on's to vehicles.
It's only illegal to be on the road with such items.
Hence, if you read another report of this incident the company transport manager told him to remove the table prior to the incident as it would constitute a MOT failure.

I'm sure I can buy chariot wheel scythes somewhere and fit them to my HGV, I mean what could possibly go wrong ?

Reactions: mjr

Slick

Guru
Sounds like a homemade job or maybe something you can buy at the truck stop. The scania has a large flat area to the drivers left so there is lots of room but I assume that this obscured the drivers vision so it must be pretty huge. I've driven that road a number of times and it's pretty ordinary with nothing particularly dangerous that I can think of. How does the driver think its a 50 50 thing, does it mention anywhere in what way he is trying to blame the cyclist?

Levo-Lon

Guru
When travaling on a big coach you see exactly what some of these so called professionals get upto in their HGVs.
Shocking behaviour

johnnyb47

Guru
I regularly have to chaperone trucks in my work, which involves jumping in the passenger seat and directing the drivers where to go. I'm often surprised by the amount of dashboard clutter they have. Huge trays covered in paperwork and opened laptops. Without being prejudiced i find foreign trucks the worst. Some of there dash boards really raise an eyebrow. There windscreens are covered with somtimes two sat navs, tracking devices and numerous stick on identity discs, for passing through different countries and ports. That's not to mention all the personal clutter they have. Spanish and Romanian truckers also seem to like fitting those tassled pelmets across to top of the windows too. With all this window furniture going on you can see how blind spots can arise and how detracting it could be, driving a great big trucks like these

OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
It’s the “six of one and half dozen of the other” comment that’s just sounds like a throw away one.
Which sticks in the mind sums up attitudes he may as well have said so what who cares.
To think people mean that little to other people is quite shocking and equally pretty sad affair for society.

Top Bottom