Lorry with build in table kills cyclist.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Oh and whilst we're at it, can the thread title be changed to something more accurate? AFAIK lorries neither fit their own accessories nor drive themselves into cyclists causing their death.

Slick

Guru
It’s the “six of one and half dozen of the other” comment that’s just sounds like a throw away one.
Which sticks in the mind sums up attitudes he may as well have said so what who cares.
To think people mean that little to other people is quite shocking and equally pretty sad affair for society.
I agree, truly sickening.

Slick

Guru
Why isn't the company in court as well? If they had seen it and just told him to tidy it up as an MOT failure, as the road cc piece would seem to say, surely they have failed in their duty of care?
The law is quite clear and happy to go after individuals especially when most companies are now more protected than ever when they never actually did anything wrong.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Thank you for that very sweeping statement, any white man who lives in Africa is a slaver, how does that sound to you?
Let me guess you're a lorry driver? Slavery from Africa died out a long time ago but driving is still an occupation that still seems to attract some less than bright individuals as evidenced here. I apologise for the sweeping statement.

D

Deleted member 26715

Smudge

Veteran
Let me guess you're a lorry driver? Slavery from Africa died out a long time ago but driving is still an occupation that still seems to attract some less than bright individuals as evidenced here. I apologise for the sweeping statement.

The emphasis being 'some'..... and you could say that about most occupations and professions.
You could also say it about other road users, including cyclists. So don't restrict your generalisations to just truckers.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I was a truck driver for many years. They are not all as thick as bricks. The driver in the dock is. Drivers are people, just like cyclists, some do stupid things. He bought a tray to be one of the lads. What a prat. At least the lads will hopefully be ditching their trays now.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
ISTR a case of a lorry driver caught driving while watching blue movies on a TV propped on his dashboard.

Stephenite

Membå
I've known and worked with plenty of HGV drivers over the years. They come in all varieties. One of mates who is a full-time computer programmer for a large organisation dallied with it for a while.

This fella ought to be banned for life from operating anything larger than a wheelbarrow.

Skanker

I remember this from when the case hit the court.
She was a doctor at the children’s hospital and was riding in the cycle lane, the lorry turned left and dragged her underneath. Completely the lorry drivers fault as he could not see properly due to his own modifications that made the vehicle dangerous to drive and unroadworthy, therefore illegal!
Jail for death by dangerous driving and I will be very surprised if there is a different outcome.
Real sad bit is I think it happened a couple of years ago and I think it has only gone to court this year.

Last edited:

lane

Veteran
I've known and worked with plenty of HGV drivers over the years. They come in all varieties. One of mates who is a full-time computer programmer for a large organisation dallied with it for a while.

This fella ought to be banned for life from operating anything larger than a wheelbarrow.

I'm sure your are correct. However reading some UK trucking forums is not a great advert for HGV drivers and their opinion on cyclists and the value of their lives is worrying.

Top Bottom