Losing Money

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Thankfully not
Would be nice to think that someone will hand it in but very doubtful.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Standing at the bar in my local and a guy came and stood next to me and offered something to the barman - "Just found this on the door mat on my way in". I glanced round and he was holding a wedge: £500 in readies. "That's mine!" I said, and he obviously believed me because he handed it over. We'd been having some work done and I was taking out hundreds for the skip guys on a daily basis...I'd managed to drag it out of my back pocket while fiddling with my music wires.

Sharky

Guru
I've used the cash facility to draw money out of the self service machines at ASDA and forgot to take the money! Went back and somebody HAD handed it in!

Haven't used "cash" for a long time now. Even for amounts less the a £1, I use the card.

OP
OP
The Central Scrutinizer
I've used the cash facility to draw money out of the self service machines at ASDA and forgot to take the money! Went back and somebody HAD handed it in!

Haven't used "cash" for a long time now. Even for amounts less the a £1, I use the card.
@Sharky Nor have i.Only needed the money as i have a tradesman coming around tomorrow and he only takes cash.
I'll blame him.:whistle:

In my uni days in the 70’s, I once lost £5 out of my back pocket between my lodge and the pub. It was all of 150 yards. Retraced the route, but nothing. £5 was a whole lot to me back then.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I put my wallet on a shelf in B&Q whilst looking for stuff but left without buying anything.
I got home and realised it was missing. I retraced my steps and about a hour later found it still on the racking in B&Q.

I also dropped $500 in travelers cheques in a petrol station somewhere in California. I found them as I walked back to the car after paying.

Much easier with using your card for everything. Only been to a cashpoint once in the last year and that was because the cafe only took cash.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I thought I had lost my bank card and driving licence when buying diesel once, so I cancelled my bank card and ordered a new one and ordered a new driving licence too. When I went to buy more diesel some time later, both bank card and driving licence were there . The attendant had put them in a box behind the counter, waiting to be reclaimed. They must have fallen out of my phone case when I put it back in my pocket.

Top Bottom