Losing Money

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I bought a 'bling' 18 karat gold chain a few years ago. It cost me around £1500. It's not really my type of thing,but i bought it more as a slight investment rather than to wear. Anyway,one hot day last summer i thought i'd wear it for a laugh, over a vest.:blush: I sat down on a wall (after wearing it for hours and feeling uncomfy in doing so) and took the thing off and put it on the wall i was sitting on. About an hour later while sitting down in my flat i felt my neck and realised i'd left in on that wall. SHOOT!! i thought and pegged it to the wall expecting the worse. I got there to see it was still there! How lucky for me and not so lucky for any 'finders keepers' passers by!!

classic33

Leg End Member
I had a problem giving the surplus back when it happened to me! :laugh:
Similar problem when a cash machine gave twice the amount asked for. Went into the bank to explain, and give the extra back, only to be told that their machines are never wrong, just leave.
I did as instructed with the extra in my pocket.

Didn't go back to the cash machine for more.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Similar problem when a cash machine gave twice the amount asked for. Went into the bank to explain, and give the extra back, only to be told that their machines are never wrong, just leave.
I did as instructed with the extra in my pocket.

Didn't go back to the cash machine for more.
I've just had a flashback to 1978!

I mentioned elsewhere today that I smoked until 1980. Well, I was somewhat drunk at midnight one day and ran out of cigarettes. Younger CC members may not know that in those days pubs shut at 22:30 or 23:00 and shops didn't stay open late either, so where was I to get more cigarettes? The answer was from a machine in the street. Yes, there were cigarette vending machines on street corners in those days - an excellent way to give underage smokers the chance to buy!

I walked a mile to the nearest machine, put my money in, and took out a pack of 10 Woodbines. I decided that I would buy a second pack while I was at it. Being the worse for wear, I actually forgot to put any more money in until I had taken the second pack, and then I realised that the machine had given it to me free. I tried again and got a 3rd pack. It took about 5 or 6 free packs before I started to feel guilty and stopped. (I'm normally honest, but I figured that those b*st*rds were trying to give me lung cancer, so I wasn't too upset to reduce their profits for doing so! :laugh:)

postman

Legendary Member
My ex father in law.£800 took it out of a machine,and for some reason put it in his trouser waist band,how it fell out he had no idea.It was not found in and around the shopping area of Meanwood.Some lucky soul had a great pay day.

iwantanewbike

Über Member
On two occasions I've walked away from a cash point after drawing £50. On both occasions I've been wearing headphones - don't do it as they lower your attention capabilities!

Top Bottom