Lost a stone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
:smile::biggrin: Started cycling about 3 months ago weighing 16 stone now just reached 15 stone so really happy. I havent done any dieting though I usually eat quite healthilly anyway, so the weight loss is all down to cycling. I only bought the bike for occasional use but have ridden almost everyday since,including nearly all my commuting .

Call me a wimp but I use the car if its raining :blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well done - still ride if raining though - make that your next challenge.

RedBike

Blimey, thats some weight loss.

I wish cycling had the same effect on me. Sadly cycling always seems to make me stuff my face and I end up putting weight on.

tyred

Legendary Member
Well done on the weight loss. It does feel good.

But I have to agree with Redbike. I was ridiculously heavy and few years ago started doing a lot of walking and eating more sensibly. Lost about 4 stone and still wanted to lose one more. Took up cycling to try and finish the job of and seem to stuff my face all the time when I ride a lot so haven't lost anymore.

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
Congratulations !!!

Set yourself a realistic target for the next 3 months :smile:

I have signed up for a 50 mile charity ride in September... 19 weeks away.
I also want to lose at least 20lbs so I have added that to my sponsorship form... people can either sponsor me to complete the ride, or by weight loss. The good bit is that the training I am doing for the ride will make the weight come off anyway :blush:

Good luck with the next 3 months !

Daniel.

:blush::biggrin::laugh:
Congratulations Banjo. Now go for the rain .. it's never as bad as you think it's going to be, once you're out in it.

Try to resist the temptation to eat more to compensate for the extra calories you're burning off .. I haven't and my weight loss has stopped. :blush::sad:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well doen on the weight loss, and as with OP's, get out in the rain. Get the right gear and you will enjoy it just as much as a normal day.

colinr

Try to resist the temptation to eat more to compensate for the extra calories you're burning off .. I haven't and my weight loss has stopped.

Exactly this. Cycling to work does not mean I can eat both the Kit Kat Chunky's in the fridge :blush:

Rain still makes me nervous, 25mm tyres just look like they can stay on the road in the wet!

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Thanks for the kind words people. A bit of encouragement does help. all of my rides are sub 18 miles so far so I dont take any food,only water.Really pleased with progress so far. Not only are the hills now less daunting but I feel better in myself.

I wish I had discovered the benefits of cycling years ago. Cheers

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Really well done your doing brilliantly and I bet you feel grrrreat!!!!!:smile:
Give it a go out in the rain-I love it. My downfall is wind(pardon!!)...I absolutely HATE riding in itxx(
Just keep on what your doing as your obviously doing it right:tongue:

ditto so pleased for you

Hi
I have just lost my first stone started at 16-7 now 15-7, I am glad you have lost aswell its a really good feeling and again just purchased a bike on CTW scheme, I am now addicted and want to go further and faster. Am my wife said it is only another of my phases. hah ha.
keep it up mate its good to hear there are similar people out there.
dave:smile:

Top Bottom