Love notes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Veteran
I try and commute by bike or partial commute as much as possible.

T Wells is very congested and air quality in places is awful.

When I park and ride I park sensibly, not blocking views from a drive or side road etc but I got this on my car today.
0335657B-5888-425A-A5DB-789BF0704B9A.jpeg

A resident did speak with me as I was stowing my bike and had a real go, it’s not a road that’s crowded with people parking, he said the congestion is bad etc I said you have seen I have a bike I’m trying to help, he basically said don’t park here again, I’m tempted to ignore him, but don’t want to risk having a car damaged.

D

Deleted member 26715

He has no right to stop you parking where you want, assuming your vehicle is legal & not within 10 yards of a junction (need to check distance)

Moodyman

Legendary Member
You're perfectly entitled to park there (public road) however, local residents don't always see it that way.

I'd continue to park, but would take a more conciliatory approach the next time you see him. It's better than coming back to a big scratch or flat tyre.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I can sympathise as I never know where I can park my car even if only out for a short time. There is a tennis court nearby with no parking and holiday homes ( my pet hate) and most do not care that they are blocking local cars from parking.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
My cars legal and parked in a sensible location, my worry is the car getting damaged by disgruntled locals.

So much for trying to do the right thing

Drago

Legendary Member
They've no right to a view, only a right not to be physically obstructed from entering the highway. Interestingly, kf you park across their driveway and prevent them entering their driveway you commit no offence - it's an offence to obstruct the highway, not private property.

You can either ignore it, or park elsewhere if you're worried about the next note being scratched onto your bonnet. Seems an easy enough choice to me.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
At which point you inform the Police of your suspicions & describe the man who was harassing you.
And what do you think the police will do ? Nothing as no crime has been committed.

D

Deleted member 26715

And what do you think the police will do ? Nothing as no crime has been committed.
Vandalism is no longer a crime? Destruction of a person property is no longer a crime?

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
I will park elsewhere a friend who lives close by said the locals special skill is dogs mess in car door handles.

I’m a little miffed, as I felt like I’m trying to do the decent thing, reducing air pollution and congestion is a good thing.

Shame more people don’t commute by bike, or park and ride like in the Netherlands.

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
They've no right to a view, only a right not to be physically obstructed from entering the highway. Interestingly, kf you park across their driveway and prevent them entering their driveway you commit no offence - it's an offence to obstruct the highway, not private property.

You can either ignore it, or park elsewhere if you're worried about the next note being scratched onto your bonnet. Seems an easy enough choice to me.
Although the point about the sight lines is kind of valid as these will have been taken into account when the driveways were built, as part of the planning process.

Personally I'd ban all on-street parking outside of designated bays, but I need to get my own driveway in order before I start banging on about it too much.

Top Bottom