Lycra or Normal clothes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
If I ride to the supermarket on the folding bike, you're more likely to see me riding in wellies , shorts and a hoody, not lycra, but if I'm riding more than a mile or two, then the only way it's bearable is in Lycra, I even hate walking in 'normal' clothes, 'normal' clothes are generally rubbish for doing anything in except maybe sitting down.

sarahale

Über Member
I have to cycle to see to my horse, can't be bothered to change out of lycra when I get there so Im either in Jeggings or jodphurs. Cycled 40 miles on Sunday wearing Jeggings, comfy as. I have a pair of padded cycling shorts I will wear in summer for rides of more than 70 miles and sportives.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear

Sandra6

Veteran
I ride my bike to work in my uniform, skirt and polo shirt with a fleece. I ride to the shops, along the river or other shortish trips in whatever I'm wearing, usually jeans or skirt and leggings. If I go for "a ride" I'll put on workout pants and a sports top, for the wicking when I get sweaty. More than 10 miles, especially on the MTB, and I try and remember my padded pants!
You don't have to look the part, but you do need to be comfy.

runner

Guru
I always were my lycra and have recently taken to wearing my lycra shorts (under my cycling leggings) with no underwear...as the underwear was causing chafing....but that's probably too much information^_^

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
Astro turf trainers, football socks, combat shorts that I used to wear up the pub (even in sub zero temps) , technical running top and either a light running jacket or my Enduro Combi waterproof. Throw a woolly hat and gloves on if its cold. Job done for me!

Hyslop

Veteran
I ride my bike to work in my uniform, skirt and polo shirt with a fleece. I ride to the shops, along the river or other shortish trips in whatever I'm wearing, usually jeans or skirt and leggings. If I go for "a ride" I'll put on workout pants and a sports top, for the wicking when I get sweaty. More than 10 miles, especially on the MTB, and I try and remember my padded pants!
You don't have to look the part, but you do need to be comfy.
Sounds sensible,but be aware, theres a lady bearing a resemblance to your description who passes me from time to time and she wears ENORMOUS police boots-my but she looks frightening!Not you is it?^_^

Sandra6

Veteran
Sounds sensible,but be aware, theres a lady bearing a resemblance to your description who passes me from time to time and she wears ENORMOUS police boots-my but she looks frightening!Not you is it?^_^
Oh my! Definitely not me. I'm the one on the white specialized vita, keep your eyes peeled :hello:

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Coincidentally, the Guardian website has an article today on normal clothing designed for cycling http://www.theguardian.com/environm...mens-cycle-clothing-for-2015-tried-and-tested

And they mentioned Paul Smith has also got into cycling clothing, if anyone feels rapha is too cheap. http://www.paulsmith.co.uk/uk-en/paul-smith-world/focus/paul-smith-531-film-featuring-david-millar

eg, £550

jmcj-459n-982-r_2.jpg
Also £450 for a Pall Smith spray jacket....I hope it stays dry!

Hyslop

Veteran
Oh my! Definitely not me. I'm the one on the white specialized vita, keep your eyes peeled :hello:
Phew!^_^Thank goodness for that!Right then,one white Specialized Vita,lady rider.If some loon should happen to bawl Cyclechat at you as you make your way to work,please dont run him over:thumbsup:

Top Bottom