Lycra or Normal clothes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

die_aufopferung

I'm very much against the fetish-wear/plastic hats/special shoes. Certainly, if I were some sort of competetive cyclist that gear would be essential but as a commuter/utility cyclist regular lightweight trousers (shorts in summer), t-shirts, and Magnum boots are what I wear pretty much all the time. The only cycling-specific clothing I own is a reflective waterproof jacket (since most of my riding is done at night) and some waterproof overtrousers again with reflective patches.

Reactions: mjr

Marc D

This thread was a great read - definitely given me a better idea of when I should and possibly shouldn't don when out and about.

Glad I read it before nipping up to the shops in my Lycra!

Jayaly

Lightweight cargo pants with walking shoes. Oldest Son told me how great his cargoes were for scouting activities because he could do just about anything in them, they were cool when he got a sweat on doing something and they dried out fast if he got wet. I took his advice and they became my everyday uniform since they don't raise eyebrows in the office. I add a pair of padded shorts underneath if I'm riding for fun and doing more than ten miles on the bike; 20 miles with a toddler on the back of the bike was an educational experience in that respect.

Top Bottom