Made I laugh! oh and i hate mother nature...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
So me and Calibanzwei had planned an outing sunday morning, part of my rehab back onto the bike, nice 20 mile route, weather report earlier in the week said it would be nice and sunny.
Sunday morning rolls round and its very, very wet outside.
couple of texts later and Col is still up for it so wth, we head out.

We suffered Torrential rain, Hailstone, rain mixed with hailstone, icy cold crosswinds and idiot drivers.
but we laughed like loons all the way round and actually made 25 miles total.

anyhoo, my point, we saw groups of riders out and about and i quipped "you can tell the hardcore cyclists out in this weather"
now i just meant all the guys on we'd seen but he replied, "you mean like us?"
and i thought, oh yeah lol. i really must be addicted to cycling if i'm happy to cycle in all weathers!

laughably when we were on the last 5 miles to home the sun came out and it quickly dried up outside and stayed that way the rest of the day... heh.

hello to anyone we passed on peacock lane in high leigh!

calibanzwei

Hehe, was a bit moist.

frayBentos59

Specialized OCD
There's a small group of us gathering in the liverpool, st helens, area now if you're ever out that way? there's provisionally 6 of us now, all met on here. be excellent if a bigger group of us could take over the north west roads in the near future.

22 of us from work set out on a 50 miler up around Rothbury way (Northumberland) all on roadies and most as a training ride for a 630 mile Newcastle to Paris via
Purley.
One of the riders was on an old Marin steel downhill full Suss with full knobbly tyres.
Weather was all over the place and by 15 miles said rider was struggling up even basic inclines!
I ended up taking one for the team and we peeled off to head back to the start (we have a policy of no single riders).
By the time we reached the start, the other rider actually had to walk the last 500 yards!!!
Talk about The 5 P's.

He's buying a roadie this weekend :smile:

Top Bottom