Making some changes to a Brompton.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reppans

From an L to Rack + X-roller is best part of £160 though!

No expense spared for my Brommie!

A decade ago I chose a Dahon Speed P8 over a Brompton to save some money - but I think I just missed out on a decade of fun bicycle touring instead! I was even hemming/hawing over this Brompton purchase earlier this year, but I'm a total convert now. I might sell my other bikes off for another B - this is how I like to travel.

WARNING: The Brompton tool kit is brilliant BUT only fits the later "long-wheelbase" models with the longer tube behind the head tube.

Rob

Thanks, I didn't know that. Mine is a 2016.

chriscross1966

Über Member
I'd recommend the front bag, especially the T-Pannier (assuming you don't have an S) .... and I'll be trying to sell a rack soon from a 2012 H3R.... and I'd still recommend the front luggage first...

chriscross1966

Über Member
And the toolkit is a thing of joy too.... you'll still need a proper 10mm spanner for the brakes, and something beefy to get pedals on and off (though if you're doing that then you are in trouble... for general running maintenance (like the handlebar retaining clip has come loose again [sigh]) and dealing with a puncture it is brilliant... easy to get even the rear wheel off with it...

chriscross1966

Über Member
Not really, some of them insist the bike is in a bag.... probably the ones that don't realise that part of the reason Bromptons fold the way they do is to keep the chain away from folks... very few other folders fold around the chain, the Bickertons do IIRC...

Top Bottom