Maldon - 100 miles "for food" - 30th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Count me in. Possibly for the ride back as well. I'll have only done three centuries this month anyway (Winchester ride, Dun Run, sportive- from Brockenhurst, so I'm riding there- tomorrow)...

OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Is there room for two or three interlopers? About time I cracked 100 miles, What sort of time do you expect to be back?

You're more than welcome.
Short answer : early evening

Long answer : We'll be looking to keep a brisk pace for getting back as early as possible. The outbound halfway stop will be as brief as possible (coffee/tea stop) and there isn't a scheduled break on the return leg. Basically we'll be aiming for an average of 14mph over the entire distance so hoping for a max of 7 hours of riding. I'm also hoping for a tailwind on the return leg. :biggrin:

Abs

philk56

Guru
You're more than welcome.
Short answer : early evening

Long answer : We'll be looking to keep a brisk pace for getting back as early as possible. The outbound halfway stop will be as brief as possible (coffee/tea stop) and there isn't a scheduled break on the return leg. Basically we'll be aiming for an average of 14mph over the entire distance so hoping for a max of 7 hours of riding. I'm also hoping for a tailwind on the return leg. :biggrin:

Abs
Thanks. Sounds ok. If we can't keep up on the way back we'll pootle along at our own pace!

Alberto

I'd love to join you guys on this ride! Can I please be added to the list? Is everyone returning to Liverpool St or North London to form a mini-peloton?

Many thanks

Alberto

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'd love to join you guys on this ride! Can I please be added to the list? Is everyone returning to Liverpool St or North London to form a mini-peloton?

Many thanks

Alberto

Nice one Alberto, be good to see and ride with you again.

I can imagine Halo will be heading back to North London as she lives there.
I (and probably Ross if he is coming) will head south to Dartford.

OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Being a 'Can't be bothered to get up early enough to get to LSS for 8:00' can I meet you at Blackmore at I guess 10:00 ish?

Certainly Lee. I'd guess 10:30 allowing for traffic lights in the city which always slows us down.

I suspect Martin will join you on Dartford Ian. I suspect we'll split somewhere around Stock. I normally head back into the start point then work North over Hampstead Heath (Haverstock Hill) to Muswell Hill. Happy to head into North London from the East though I've never attempted climbing Muswell Hill after 100 miles.

Abs

Alberto

Looking forward to riding with you all Ian ;)

Way back through the start point would work for me, need to get back to NW5 from there.

Alberto

Top Bottom