Maldon - 100 miles "for food" - 30th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iZaP

Über Member
I'm most likely in.

I'll be 100% sure on friday :tongue:

Origamist

Legendary Member
@Abs and Ian. What is the etiquette on these 100 milers? Do we stick together as a bunch or taper and regroup (with waymarkers?) every once in a while? If people struggle with the pace do we slow to their speed a la the FNRTTC?

OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Bit of all that really.

We tend to stick together taking turns at the front if able. If we do drop people we wait for them to catch up again (once someone notices
blush.gif
whistling.gif
). If we have strung out someone will way mark till everyone is past the junction and we tend to wait for everyone to regroup at the top of climbs. We use the usual shouted warnings "stopping", "easy", "glass" and someone will usually shout "bollards" at some point. Breakdowns and injuries we aim to always be in attendance and everyone should either have mine or Ian's mobile number.

The hardest bit is keeping it moving and getting the 100 miles in as close to daylight hours as possible. Cambridge #2 was an eye opener for us all as we kept the pace far too high but it was good to find the limit and get it out of the system.
thumbsup.png

Abs

EDIT : There are sections that allow for people that wish to break off the front for their speed fix generally a stretch of road where we don't turn off.

Tynan

Veteran
sadly I'm out, grouting and siliconing the downstairs shower room has been moved up the agenda

not by me

have fun

martint235

Dog on a bike
was an eye opener for us all as we kept the pace far too high but it was good to find the limit and get it out of the system.
thumbsup.png

Not me Guv!!!

Oh and I'll be heading for the Woolwich Ferry but hopefully without getting lost in the Ilford one way system this time......

OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Not me Guv!!!

Oh and I'll be heading for the Woolwich Ferry but hopefully without getting lost in the Ilford one way system this time......

No blame apportioned other than towards myself. Speed wise I've just been out on my normal commute replacement route but this time with the HR monitor. I'm most certainly slower due to a higher heart rate than I was during the none pollen months or maybe I'm just getting old. :biggrin:

Return route I did come up with a nice one that swept south of Ilford which would drop Ian et al at Upminster whilst we then ride East back into town. I'll put it up later.

Abs

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
No blame apportioned other than towards myself. Speed wise I've just been out on my normal commute replacement route but this time with the HR monitor. I'm most certainly slower due to a higher heart rate than I was during the none pollen months or maybe I'm just getting old. :biggrin:

Return route I did come up with a nice one that swept south of Ilford which would drop Ian et al at Upminster whilst we then ride East back into town. I'll put it up later.

Abs

Don't worry about me (and Ross for that matter) as have a route already worked out for home.

139NI

Looking forward to riding with you all Ian ;)

Way back through the start point would work for me, need to get back to NW5 from there.

Alberto

I think i will do this if i can get the time off work and i will get you to your door if thats what it takes [if i dont drop off first that is].

Being ignorant now but is the route hilly at all, only my bike is a bit weighty for too much climbing...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I think i will do this if i can get the time off work and i will get you to your door if thats what it takes [if i dont drop off first that is].

Being ignorant now but is the route hilly at all, only my bike is a bit weighty for too much climbing...

Not that hilly at all. You will be fine Will...

OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Riders :
139NI - if time off work
Alberto
HaloJ
Ianrauk
iZap - will decide on Friday
lilolee - meeting at Blackmore
martin235
philk56 - + 1
origamist
rb58
SteveVW
StuAff

Out :
tynan - pass declined, press ganged into cheap slave labour

139NI this is the Garmin data from the last time we did this ride for your peace of mind. http://connect.garmi...tivity/66020042

zigzag

Veteran
i'd love to join you lot, but i'm away that day (300k audax from stevenage). the weather forecast looks promising so far.

Top Bottom