Maldon - 100 miles "for food" - 30th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ess

Hi there
I'm a newbie to this site. I've done 4 centuries this year including my first Dun Run. I would love to come along if that's ok. I live in Stratford so I would see if the train stops there instead of cycling to LSS. I'd say my average is about 12 mph but if I wouldnt want to hold you guys up!!
Ess

OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Hi there
I'm a newbie to this site. I've done 4 centuries this year including my first Dun Run. I would love to come along if that's ok. I live in Stratford so I would see if the train stops there instead of cycling to LSS. I'd say my average is about 12 mph but if I wouldnt want to hold you guys up!!
Ess

You're more than welcome but we usually ride at a 14 or 15mpg average so please be aware that it maybe faster than you are used to.

As for meeting in Stratford we do actually pass directly in front of the station (Great Eastern Road) and I estimate (using last times data) that we'll be passing there about 8:30.

It's easy to pick up those that we already know at certain points along the route but more difficult with those we don't. If you think you'll be ok with the pace let us know what to expect (what bike/attire) and we'll keep an eye open for you.

Abs

simgsxr

Please add me for this one, it will be a little warmer than when we rode this in January & I would not want to miss out on the fish & chips. I will travel up with Stevevw.

rb58

Enigma
Sorry gang, I'm bailing. I have a sore ankle and have had a long ride planned for Sunday for quite a while, and I think two on successive days might be chancing it too much. Instead I think I'll pootle over to Optilabs in Croydon and get fitted up for some new glasses.

Have a good one.

Ess

Ok thanks so much for the reply. I will give it a miss. I hope that you have a good ride!
Cheers

You're more than welcome but we usually ride at a 14 or 15mpg average so please be aware that it maybe faster than you are used to.

As for meeting in Stratford we do actually pass directly in front of the station (Great Eastern Road) and I estimate (using last times data) that we'll be passing there about 8:30.

It's easy to pick up those that we already know at certain points along the route but more difficult with those we don't. If you think you'll be ok with the pace let us know what to expect (what bike/attire) and we'll keep an eye open for you.

Abs

OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Ok thanks so much for the reply. I will give it a miss. I hope that you have a good ride!
Cheers

Ok, then may I suggest that instead, get up early on Sunday morning and ride to Wellington arch and meet up with the Sunday London ride? Good bunch of peeps, meandering conversational pace to lots of different parts of London.

Abs

OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Ok - see you at Liverpool St Station at 8am. We meet at the Bishopgate entrance?

Junction of Liverpool Street and Old Broad Street. Flat area outside Muck D's.

Street view link

Abs

OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
London Liverpool Street to Maldon and back
Saturday July 30th at 8am

Junction of Liverpool Street and Old Broad Street near Muck D's.

Street view of location

Outbound route : http://ridewithgps.com/routes/552840
Return route : http://ridewithgps.com/routes/552887

Riders :
139NI - if time off work
Alberto
HaloJ
Ianrauk
iZap - will decide on Friday
lilolee - meeting at Blackmore
martin235
philk56 - + 1
origamist
simgsxr
SteveVW
StuAff

Out :
rb58 - kinda double booked
tynan - pass declined, press ganged into cheap slave labour

You should all have a PM with my mobile number shortly. Could those that are undecided/unconfirmed (139NI & iZap) let us know your participation.

Abs

patheticshark

Hello. I saw you lot on my way back from Maldon this morning, on Mill Road. I was the girl on the Trek with oil all over her face (a strong look, I think you'll agree). Hope you had/are having a good ride.

lilolee

Veteran
Being a lightweight and only doing 60 miles, I've got home nice and early.

A good ride as ever and a nice bunch of people again. I wimped out on the Fish'n'Chips, but those doing a full turn deserved it.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Well I'm back. 108.7 miles for me in wonderful company and fantastic weather!!!

Even my GPS behaved itself (two problems both rational so at least I'm prepared in t'future!)

The fish and chips in Maldon are fantastic, it's worth riding there just for them!!!

U

User10571

Did you go to the same place as last time, in Heybridge Basin?

Top Bottom