Malt whisky lovers - what is your fave Speyside?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

I had an American guest. Ex-colleague from the happy times in Scandi. He browsed my whisky shelf, selected a decent 18 year old, and asked for some coke. Hospitality insisted I oblige. But, really.
But what of statements like this:
so now I'll commit heresy in the eyes of some....

Malt whisky is a drink not a religion. Drink it however you want. Straight up, on the rocks, with water, with coke, with ginger ale, with whatever the hell you like, make Manhattans with it, or whatever cocktails take your fancy, and shock! horror! serve them on the rocks.... I do. I might blanch at the idea of mixing a 25 year old single malt, but I might not, it depends on my mood and what the final drink is.

There are no rules. Drink scotch how YOU like it; and ignore the nobbers and the whisky snobs who tell you otherwise.
?

so now I'll commit heresy in the eyes of some....

Malt whisky is a drink not a religion. Drink it however you want. Straight up, on the rocks, with water, with coke, with ginger ale, with whatever the hell you like, make Manhattans with it, or whatever cocktails take your fancy, and shock! horror! serve them on the rocks.... I do. I might blanch at the idea of mixing a 25 year old single malt, but I might not, it depends on my mood and what the final drink is.

There are no rules. Drink scotch how YOU like it; and ignore the nobbers and the whisky snobs who tell you otherwise.
I've been to quite a few whisky tastings, including private/VIP ones at single malt distilleries -- and this is EXACTLY what they will tell you. However you bloody like. Just enjoy it.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I've been to quite a few whisky tastings, including private/VIP ones at single malt distilleries -- and this is EXACTLY what they will tell you. However you bloody like. Just enjoy it.
Well they would say that wouldn't they. They want you to buy more of the stuff! ;)

Top Bottom