Manchester 100m - 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
I'll try to keep my eye out for some of you.

We are planning on starting at 7:15-7:20. My mate has paid but I haven't.

I'm not sure whether I'll be riding solo (on my new bike :smile: ) or riding together. He's struggling for fitness and will decide on the day.

PaulB

Legendary Member
even if you do the 100 mile there's still time to get home have a hot bath and get ready for evening meal too.

DON'T have a bath after a 100 mile ride. DON'T have a bath after a 100 mile ride. Now I know I wrote that twice but it is so important, it deserves repeating.

The muscles will have suffered some damage through strenuous activity, straining, tiredeness etc and they should be treated with COLD! Get a shower, NEVER a bath post-ride and as the shower is coming to an end, turn it as cold as possible (painful I know but get over it - the pleasure will come tomorrow with reduced/non-existant pain having treated it with cold water) to ensure heat isn't getting to the muscles. If heat does, any damage, microscopic muscle tears, fatigue etc will be magnified, the damage spreads and an extra 2/3 days to a week's pain, stiffness and discomfort will ensue.

DON'T have a bath after a 100 mile ride.

Brought to you as an information service. You're welcome.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
It HAS to be the early start - brownie points and a 100 mile ride, you simply can't lose. You can go out with the club any Sunday, and these two planets won't align again......until next year!

even if you do the 100 mile there's still time to get home have a hot bath and get ready for evening meal too.

Ah moral support...............many thanks. I shall keep testing the water in the 48 hours!!!! :thumbsup:

Paul_L

Über Member
Really looking forward to this now. I'm doing the 100km. It'll be my longest ever ride and nice to clock up a metric century.

Forecast looks perfect.

I'll be aiming to start about 8am, and i'd like to think 3.5hrs is do-able.

OP
OP
BinBag

BinBag

I'll try to keep my eye out for some of you.

We are planning on starting at 7:15-7:20. My mate has paid but I haven't.

I'm not sure whether I'll be riding solo (on my new bike :smile: ) or riding together. He's struggling for fitness and will decide on the day.

I'll have 'Cycling Team Chadderton' and 'Macmillan Cancer' on the back of my shirt - so keep an eye out.

A mate of mine got his number this week - 1500ish, so there's plenty doing it. So....should be a nightmare for the first 20 miles or so........can't wait to get into the sportives!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Weather looking just right, must get my food bought today......malt loaf and cereal bars..... got my Isostar Long Energy and SIS gels already..

No need to carry a waterproof......yay...........:biggrin:

fossyant

GPX of the route here

100 miles

Manchester 100 miles

100km

Manchester 100km

These are older maps but the same route is used each year.

Paul_L

Über Member
cheers for those profiles fossy. Looks nice and flat complete to where i am.

Don't know that part of Manchester. What's best for parking? The event details just say Wythenshawe Park. Is it best to approach on the Wythenshaw Road side or Altrincham Road side?

fossyant

Most folk tend to park on Wythenshawe Road near the Park - PS Wythenshawe Road side is best - it's at this end the event starts.

Here

But I'm not best to ask as I'll be riding the 10 miles to the start.......and home....... :wacko:

fossyant

I think I have too much food............

2 x bananas
1 x Malt loaf - squashed and divided in 4
4 x fig rolls
2 x Frusili Bars

So that's something to munch on every 10 miles

4 x SIS Gels
2 x litres of Isostar Energy Drink.......

Think I need a trailer :wacko:

Tharg2007

Veteran
I think I have too much food............

2 x bananas
1 x Malt loaf - squashed and divided in 4
4 x fig rolls
2 x Frusili Bars

So that's something to munch on every 10 miles

4 x SIS Gels
2 x litres of Isostar Energy Drink.......

Think I need a trailer :wacko:

WOW loads there, I'm only taking 4 x Alpen bars, 4 x ISO Gels, 2 litres of SIS drink and a banana - going to have some porridge first thing in the morning though :tongue:

Paul_L

Über Member
you've got me worried now!!

I'm planning on taking; one bottle of High 5 Energy source, one bottle of water, 2 bananas and an energy gel. The gel is only to be used if i'm desparate though. And i'll have a some toast in the morning too before i leave Bradford.

I think this is enough for the 100km no?

Looking at your lists i'm guessing your doing 100m.

Top Bottom