Manchester 100m - 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tharg2007

Veteran
you've got me worried now!!

I'm planning on taking; one bottle of High 5 Energy source, one bottle of water, 2 bananas and an energy gel. The gel is only to be used if i'm desparate though. And i'll have a some toast in the morning too before i leave Bradford.

I think this is enough for the 100km no?

Looking at your lists i'm guessing your doing 100m.

yes, we are doing the 100m , you might want to take some actual food with a slow release of energy like oaty fruity nutty bars.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
100km OK with that list Paul_L - Plenty........

100 miles for me. Don't forget this is to be 100% sufficient as there is nothing provided......

Eating every 10 miles works for me and at least 500ml every 25 miles. You end up like an eating machine.......ride, nom nom nom, ride.....nom nom nom.............:wacko:

I'll be carrying 1 litre of drink, then have to refill at the Nantwich stop - (strange powder in a bag for the refill :tongue:).

TBH I'll probably eat some of it at the start....forgot to say I'm actually doing 120 miles in total....(10 there and 10 crawling back :wacko:)

The amount I shovelled in on the Cheshire Cat was alarming.......

3-4l of Energy Drink
4 Gels
7 bananas (5 at feeds)
4 Frusili Bars and other stuff...........

PS It was hillier and harder though....

fossyant

PS Malt Loaf has about 310kcals per 100g (about double a gel's energy) and only 1/3rd of the kcals are sugars.... and also contains good amounts of protein, fat and sodium....

A regular loaf has about 690kcals in it....awesome slow release energy food and easy to eat on the go..........

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Looks like I might acually make the start tomorrow.

Still feeling a little bit under optimum, and my mates had a change of heart and blobbed, but I should still be good to go.

Hoping to get there for a 7:15 - 7:30 start, and I'll be aiming to get round in 5 1/2 hours or there abouts (all being well).

So give me a shout if you see a fat, asthmatic, wheezing allong in a Cyclechat Shirt.

Paul_L

Über Member
cheers Tharg and Fossy.

I'll pop by the Coop and pick up some Soreen first thing as i leave!!

Oh, and i'll take a knife and a sandwich bag!

Thanks again.

DaveyB1981

Well, I'm tucked up in bed with the wife ready for the early start. alarm set for 4am. That's "the 4 we never see" to me. Really looking forward to my first imperial century. Wondering why though, each time I have an event in the morning, the neighbours decide to have a party. Hopefully this one won't still be going when I leave...

Hope to see some of you there (I'll be on the Giant Defy 3.5 in a Specialized MTB jersey)

Good luck to all and enjoy!

Dave

potsy

Rambler
cheers Tharg and Fossy.

I'll pop by the Coop and pick up some Soreen first thing as i leave!!

Oh, and i'll take a knife and a sandwich bag!

Thanks again.

Don't worry about buying a knife,you get given one as you enter Wythenshawe
wink.gif

Good luck to all the riders tomorrow.

Paul_L

Über Member
Well, I'm tucked up in bed with the wife ready for the early start. alarm set for 4am. That's "the 4 we never see" to me. Really looking forward to my first imperial century. Wondering why though, each time I have an event in the morning, the neighbours decide to have a party. Hopefully this one won't still be going when I leave...

Hope to see some of you there (I'll be on the Giant Defy 3.5 in a Specialized MTB jersey)

Good luck to all and enjoy!

Dave

too much info Davey :biggrin:

good luck for your first 100 tomorrow.

fossyant

Don't worry about buying a knife,you get given one as you enter Wythenshawe
wink.gif

Heh heh.................

4am get up.....christ...........

My wife has deliberately gone off to her Folks Caravan so I don't wake them up at 5.30am.....argh........

Be setting off on the bike about 6.20am, and have actually put some 'lights' on my best bike - it's never had 'lights' on it before, and it's 20 years old...... shush...it might get upset :blush: - they will be taken off before the start though........:wacko:

Tharg2007

Veteran
Be setting off on the bike about 6.20am, and have actually put some 'lights' on my best bike - it's never had 'lights' on it before, and it's 20 years old...... shush...it might get upset :blush: - they will be taken off before the start though........:wacko:

oh, so you aint doing it fixed then?
biggrin.gif

jamesxyz

anyone else get a time card in their pack?

timecard is for 100 milers to check you stop for 20 mins if yoy decide to stop.

Ilm aiming for 7.15 start on giant. I'll be wearing either a giant or rabobank top. Say hello and if ur looking for a time of around 5-5.5 hours we can work together ;)

enjoy your rides everyone, looks like a good day if a little breezy!!

fossyant

Got the card - TBH at the stop I'll re-fuel with water, and get off... last time I stopped for 10 mins and it was a pain getting going again.

My card had also half fell to bits by then - sweat..... won't be bothering with the stamp.

Top Bottom