Manchester - Llandudno Saturday 18 May 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
High tide is around 11am on N Wales Coast at weekend, so you'll get wind direction change for a while, but you should be OK by 4-5pm as you hit the coast.
Ssshhhhh! Keep out of it Fossy, I'm just winding Nick up, you know how he hates weather moaners, route complainers, café choice questioners, navigation failers, in fact he just doesn't like anyone! It's a good job he's such a lovable character or we would all just fark off and leave him in the pub to grumble into his pint alone... :laugh:

si_c

Guru
Ssshhhhh! Keep out of it Fossy, I'm just winding Nick up, you know how he hates weather moaners, route complainers, café choice questioners, navigation failers, in fact he just doesn't like anyone! It's a good job he's such a lovable character or we would all just fark off and leave him in the pub to grumble into his pint alone... :laugh:
We should all leave our GPS and other navigation devices at home so he has something to really moan about in the pub

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
We should all leave our GPS and other navigation devices at home so he has something to really moan about in the pub
And when in the pub, accuse him of wearing 'slacks' - he wasn't too keen on that last time I tried it! :laugh:

There is a possibility that my pal (and non-CycleChat member) Carrie will come along. If she does, I will make sure that she agrees to the terms and conditions.

Adam4868

Guru
Is the weather turning into a mudguards sort of day ? Took them of last week and their a pain in the erse to fit.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Is the weather turning into a mudguards sort of day ? Took them of last week and their a pain in the erse to fit.
Light rain in the morning. That's it....

Look at it this way, I spent 3hrs this morning jet washing the decking (back breaking work, just what I needed before a big bike ride) so it can be dry for me to oil it on Friday as that is the last chance before the rain starts tipping down for weekend...…

I think I will be riding my commuter with guards and panniers so I can carry my rain wear.

Adam4868

Guru
Look at it this way, I spent 3hrs this morning jet washing the decking (back breaking work, just what I needed before a big bike ride) so it can be dry for me to oil it on Friday as that is the last chance before the rain starts tipping down for weekend...…

I think I will be riding my commuter with guards and panniers so I can carry my rain wear.
I'm going with stuaff forecast,bit of light rain,nowt too worry about !

GuyBoden

Guru
If it's not raining heavily on Sat morning, I will definitely ride to Eureka from Warrington via Delamere and hopefully meet riders on route.

If it's raining, I'm staying in bed.:rain:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Of course it's going to rain... I'm riding.

They don't call me "Rain God Johnson" for nowt you know.

Adam4868

Guru
Screenshot_20190516-180955.png
I'm only interested in that 4 bubble/arrow...any more than that and I'm classing it Gale force.

si_c

Guru
View attachment 466730
I'm only interested in that 4 bubble/arrow...any more than that and I'm classing it Gale force.
Here's the met office forecast...

Manchester Airport
https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcqrs3mr5#?date=2019-05-18
Chester
https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcmyw5w26#?date=2019-05-18
Llandudno
https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcmr2gmc8#?date=2019-05-18

So we'll get wet in the morning, wet in the afternoon, and then a run into Llandudno so the wind can change direction and maybe be into our face and maybe dry is off. Either way I'm forecasting misery from 8am to 6pm. :laugh:

doughnut

Veteran
I use the Windy app which shows forecasts using 4 different models. That way you can pick the one you like most :smile: Here's Chester at 12 noon, and Llandudno at 6pm. Wind speeds are pretty low but I wouldn't bet on it being a tailwind. Not shown on these pictures but only one of the 4 predicts much rain - there's still a decent chance of sun I think.
Screenshot_20190516-181010.png
Screenshot_20190516-181040.png

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bad news for the winds in North Wales: 8mph NW and rain in the morning but just cloudy in the afternoon. Still hoping to meet in Rhyl and have a sausage and chips in Llandudno before heading home.

Top Bottom