Manchester - Llandudno Saturday 18 May 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I would just like to say, I was never in it, despite Nick's best efforts. I would also like to say.........I've never been on a dry Nickyboy ride, raingear essential. Whatever the weather, it'll be ace as usual.

I'm sorry I'm missing this year, I'm probably only a couple of weeks short of fitness. I shall think of you all as I sip my coffee and stare at the rain running down the window pane.
You'll be missed!
BTW: Last year was dry. Probably an outlier, Wales is too green for that......

Looks like the bad weather came through this morning anyway, if my totally soaked dog walk is anything to go by. Tomorrow looks considerably better.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Fettling done. This is the BASIC MINIMUM STANDARD for the ride

IMG_20190517_103639.jpg

IMG_20190517_103735.jpg

It's not @ianrauk concourse d'elegance but it'll do

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes, the forecast is now looking OK. :smile:

Apologies in advance for my singlespeed bike 'lowering the tone' on the ride - it was largely built from old scrap and only cost about £80! :laugh:

Having said that, it is great for easy rides like the first half of this route, which I will tackle twice. It is way overgeared for hard climbs, and undergeared for long descents but there aren't any of them between Manchester and Eureka. 24-30 kmph (15-19 mph) feels just right.

See you at Piccadilly at around 07:40 if there are no hold ups.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Fettling done. This is the BASIC MINIMUM STANDARD for the ride

It's not @ianrauk concourse d'elegance but it'll do

Well I'll have to spend tonight cleaning the bike then.... Its currently wet through, and covered in a mixture of. Mud and Sand.

I can vouch for the bad weather coming through this morning... Just as I was leaving Llandudno it was howling it down. Currently sat in eureka cafe having lunch.

As a warning, the coast path just after the bike hut cafe at rhyll is treacherous. There's a 1/2 mile or so that has some very deep patches of sand... Shouldn't be tear arsing on there anyway, but best to be careful.

Top Bottom