Manchester - Llandudno Saturday 18 May 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Got to be shorts... Its summer.
Irrespective of what the weather is doing.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Got to be shorts... Its summer.
Irrespective of what the weather is doing.
By my reckoning, summer is at least a month away - mid-May is late spring!

Not that it makes a lot of difference in terms of UK weather ... I was riding in shorts in lovely sunny conditions back in February but we have had some crap weather since then.

The forecast does seem to be very variable. It changes significantly every time I look at it.

I'll join y'all as long as it isn't going to be horrid. If things start off ok but turn nasty I might leave you at Weaverham and settle for a metric century, otherwise I'll come as far as Eureka and head back from there for an imperial ton.

Pal Carrie will NOT be joining me - she has other things planned.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
If I had a change of clothes and a hotel room waiting I would do the same, however sitting on a train in wet cold gear at my age does not appeal. :cold:

Drop off a bag at Piccadilly with dry clothes to change into. You'll get it back at the chip shop at the end and you can change in the chippy's toilets

Ah, so you're bravely taking on the role of "weather scapegoat" now that @Crackle's weaseled out of it ? Good man...
I would just like to say, I was never in it, despite Nick's best efforts. I would also like to say.........I've never been on a dry Nickyboy ride, raingear essential. Whatever the weather, it'll be ace as usual.

I'm sorry I'm missing this year, I'm probably only a couple of weeks short of fitness. I shall think of you all as I sip my coffee and stare at the rain running down the window pane.

Top Bottom