Manchester - Llandudno Saturday 18 May 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Is there an official avg speed on this run? I have a plan to camp at the end :scratch:
Nope, it's a case of getting there when you get there. The informal objective is fish and chips at Fish Tram Chips (which closes at 7.30)- another reason for me to do this ride again, because I didn't make it to Llandudno till just after seven last year, so fish was off-menu for me.

Domus

Guru
When out and about I average 19-21 Kph. So I would expect to get there at 4.30 - 5 ish, so leaving only 2 hours for food, drink and any problems.
Eeek. Best get some training in.:bicycle:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
When out and about I average 19-21 Kph. So I would expect to get there at 4.30 - 5 ish, so leaving only 2 hours for food, drink and any problems.
Eeek. Best get some training in.:bicycle:
That's the sort of speed we usually do and have, in the past, got to the fish and chips between 6pm and 7pm. Riding in a group is easier and the miles tick by.

160km @ 20km/hr is 8 hours cycling which gets you, non stop to Llandudno at 4pm. Two and a half hours of stops for Elevenses, Lunch, Afternoon snack etc etc sounds about right

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Is there an official avg speed on this run? I have a plan to camp at the end :scratch:

There is no official speed for the ride.
The time the ride takes depends largely on two factors:

The weather...obviously a tailwind is quicker than a headwind
How long you choose to spend at the lunch stop (some spend 45 minutes, others spend an hour and a half)

All I can really say is that folk generally arrive at Llandudno between 6pm and 7pm. But if you arrive later it's no biggy, there are loads of place to get something to eat and it's light until late

Jehughes7

I would like to take part probably from Eureka.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm interested, but there's going to be more changes in the rail timetable in May which will affect my work roster, so won't know until some time in April if I'm free. I'll probably be staying over in LLandudno if I do the ride as the last train back to Hull (at present) is 6:44pm So is there likely to be an after ride party in the evening? :cheers:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I'm interested, but there's going to be more changes in the rail timetable in May which will affect my work roster, so won't know until some time in April if I'm free. I'll probably be staying over in LLandudno if I do the ride as the last train back to Hull (at present) is 6:44pm So is there likely to be an after ride party in the evening? :cheers:

Yes, after fish and chips we always go to the pub for the evening to replace vital lost fluids

Top Bottom