Manchester - Llandudno Saturday 18 May 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Do you want to split the cost with me? I'm reasonably house trained.....

You can be as housetrained as you like, Mrs N still said "no"

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I would love to come but I’m still not back on the bike yet so will have to give it a miss unfortunately.

@Buck , we will miss your happy, smiling face on the ride
img_20170513_153923-jpg.jpg

The Excellent Llandudno ride, a jewel in the crown of CC. I recommend it to those thinking of joining it for the first time.

It's still 5 months away but I doubt I'll be doing it this year. My cycling is waning at the moment, not helped by a tendon problem which has just recurred and which I'm now going to have to take seriously. Also the date is too close to Mrs C's birthday and I'll need divine intervention to persuade her to spend it in Llandudno. And, it's not going through Rhyl, so I'm out...........

I nominate Skolly as weather god.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
If I can match my New Years Day performance then it will be sunglasses and suncream :angel:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
The Excellent Llandudno ride, a jewel in the crown of CC. I recommend it to those thinking of joining it for the first time.

It's still 5 months away but I doubt I'll be doing it this year. My cycling is waning at the moment, not helped by a tendon problem which has just recurred and which I'm now going to have to take seriously. Also the date is too close to Mrs C's birthday and I'll need divine intervention to persuade her to spend it in Llandudno. And, it's not going through Rhyl, so I'm out...........

Sorry to hear that Crax, hope you get the mojo back in the future
But actually I'm more annoyed that you were one of the chief Rhylmoaners that I changed the route for....and now you're bailing on the ride

doughnut

Veteran
By the way, Mrs N is threatening to drive over to Llandudno so I can probably get her to take bags (that is unless @doughnut and the inestimable Mrs Doughnut take part)

Hard to believe but I'm still recovering from the broken arm I had last March. In September, the docs decided it wasn't mending properly so in November they broke it again and put a builders lorry full of scaffolding in there. Even more painful than breaking it in the first place, but at least both my arms are the same length now and it doesn't feel like I have a bag of marbles hanging from my shoulder any more.

The good news is that the physio said last week that I can start putting some weight on the fixed arm so very soon I will be able to hold two pints at the same time - this alone makes me think I should set a target of making it to the Llandudno trip. Also means I have a few months to get rid of the 2 stone I put on while watching Netflix and eating junk food for the best part of a year. Put me down as a very shaky possible because after what I've been through I've given up predicting when I will be back to normal. I can probably rope Mrs Doughnut in again, though she now has 2 bikes of her own and is a veteran tourer (Durham to Edinburgh in 2017, and planning a tour down the Danube later this year when I'm better) so she might even join the peleton.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Hard to believe but I'm still recovering from the broken arm I had last March. In September, the docs decided it wasn't mending properly so in November they broke it again and put a builders lorry full of scaffolding in there. Even more painful than breaking it in the first place, but at least both my arms are the same length now and it doesn't feel like I have a bag of marbles hanging from my shoulder any more.

The good news is that the physio said last week that I can start putting some weight on the fixed arm so very soon I will be able to hold two pints at the same time - this alone makes me think I should set a target of making it to the Llandudno trip. Also means I have a few months to get rid of the 2 stone I put on while watching Netflix and eating junk food for the best part of a year. Put me down as a very shaky possible because after what I've been through I've given up predicting when I will be back to normal. I can probably rope Mrs Doughnut in again, though she now has 2 bikes of her own and is a veteran tourer (Durham to Edinburgh in 2017, and planning a tour down the Danube later this year when I'm better) so she might even join the peleton.
like & like again!!!!

Top Bottom