manchester ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Yes please :ohmy:.

Details to be confirmed?

longers

Legendary Member
Sounds good to me. I'll keep an eye out on here.

I haven't been out on my quickest bike since we went out :sad:.

Yes I have ;)

Night Train

Maker of Things
dan_bo said:
I think it's about time the CCCC (M+OD) got its act together for another hilly job. Longers, fossy, nighttrain-anyone else up for it?

how's about a crack at strines in a couple of weeks time?
Hills? Me? [Faints at the thought]

Something on the level I think and I am working weekends now too. I'll see if I am up for it nearer the time.

longers

Legendary Member
Shall we pick a date? How about 8th June?
I'm thinking of doing the Wheels for Wildlife ride on the 15th so next date available is the weekend after that, the 22nd?

How about the 22nd?

Not the 22nd - just found out I'm already committed to another ride.

Weekend after? 29th?

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Hmmmm - tempted.

I'll see if the Wife can manage the nippers on her own and try to make it myself.

Any particular route / speed / cafes?

Hill climbing is a f*cking bitch not my forte, but it may be better in a group... moral support and all that (or is it fear of failure and abject humiliation?) ;)

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I was thinking stalybridge-glossop-snake-ladybower-strines-woodhead-stalybridge type route.

cafes? dunno. I think there's one on the 616 towards the top of the woodhead.

Don't worry about the hills, i'm built for comfort meself.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just spotted this - 29th is a no-no - daughters birthday party and I'm returning from Beavers/Scout camp that morning...bugger.

The cafe on the A616 will be a mobile thing, and may not be there, or it might.....

Strines from Ladybower....the last 1/4 is a bit 'orrible. Did it with a 39 x 21 heading in Ladybower direction - hmm 23 for t'other way.

longers

Legendary Member
Shame you can't make it Fossy.

There is a cafe at Torside on the Woodhead Rd to Glossop which would be a good route for avoiding riding along the WH Pass.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Errm, only have a double that was standard on my Spesh Allez... am I right in thinking that I'd require a trailer to tow the necessary Defibrilator with me??

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
The worst hill I've attempted was the between Chapel-en-le-Frith and Buxton (goes up above the Goyt Valley) which seemed to be 106,400 miles long and about a 1 in 2 gradient on a blazing hot day going from Manchester to Derby... does this compare with the hills on the run you're talking about? I had to get off about 4 times going up there!

Top Bottom