Manchester Sky Ride - Sun 2/8/09

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Think I spotted you ant on the Willier - I assume it may have been you - the only one in the club.... - you lot passed me and my son on the way out to the Velodrome - before the water stop.

a_n_t

Hilldodger said:
Did you see Simon from Cyclemagic with his Tall Bike?

this guy?

recruitment.jpg

a_n_t

fossyant said:
Think I spotted you ant on the Willier - I assume it may have been you.

yeah that was me, sorry I didnt see you but it was abit busy :hungry:
Almost didnt make it! Managed to break a valve extender!!

5732_116082811314_621311314_2699876_6396018_n.jpg

longers

Legendary Member
It does sound like a very good day out.

Our ride over ran otherwise I'd have liked to pop along. We saw the roads being closed off this morning but that's all.

dav1d

a_n_t said:
there were a few of us taking pics and what bike??? :hungry:

There was an entry form you could fill in before the ride started to win a bike. Think it was a Trek one.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Very good day..bit daunting riding many £k's of bike in a crowd of wobbly cyclists, but worked out fine...only got 'dinged' once whilst in Albert Square...

It now looks as though I'm off to a meeting of Frank Herety owners at the Museum Of Science and Industry next Sunday.... can't go anywhere with that bike....... as they have one of his bikes there and it all fits in with a 'transport week' that MOSI is doing.......

It's the longest ever for me to do 19 miles - 3 hours...argh......!

Think my Looks deffened some of the kids when engaging though...... BANG BANG.... what's that.........

Then one steward thought I had sore feet.....'nope, can't walk in these shoes'....

Just glad my son didn't ask what the 'Clone Club' was etc..... bit tricky....

trio25

Über Member
Corvette chic said:
OMG yes we did have a lovely lass lead us down with a chap at the rear. Wished I'd have said something now. All in all with the diversion down Oxford road we did 21.5 miles (we got lost going back lol!) so that's me 20 miler done and dusted whooo hooo

Might have been me, the two girls from heaton park went in together the first time and then off to another hub, so I may have been the only female left. I had a red bag on and a pink helmet if that helps.

Had a great time! The trip back - we were leading them as well - was harder as it was hilly, some really steep hills had people walking. But everyone did so well! I have never seen so many bikes in one place either!

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Good job their trio - your bike tops looked the business - understated but great..

How many trips did you do ?

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Sorry I couldn't stop long Trio - Mr Man had other idea's..........

It was a great event, so please pass it on to the other folk you work with - it was a pleasure.....soooo nice to ride with space, although about a fifth of the speed I normally do, but great...... so chuffed my lad did 19 miles..let's say my sister's fell off their chairs..couldn't believe it...... PS might just drag my brother next year - he might be on a BSO, but he has some running plans for next year...think I'll sort a bike for him.......

trio25

Über Member
No he did seem quite excited! Glad he had fun!

19miles is impressive for a little one!

Trio I was the one with the dodgy gears on the way down :becool: I was riding a blue carlton corvette I think you did lead us down (I also commented on those really fancy gates!) hope it was you

Top Bottom