Manchester to Blackpool 2014...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
I'm doing it Potsy - look out for a Cinelli frame and Cinelli jersey. I'm told I'm not a full kit w*nker so that's good for me! Say hello won't you - we're kicking off at 8am, and I'm riding back.
Will look out for you, probably see you fly past about 8.30 as it's a slow paced peloton I'll be in :thumbsup:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Just dislocated my knee (again) at a martial arts tournament. Looking a bit sick for me tomorrow....

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Was a great ride up there this morning , the wind was against us all the way but at least it was behind on the return leg, whilst at the burger van got talking to @turbopercy who was doing it for the first time. (i think it was turbopercy as i am hopeless at remembering names)
Glad i set off early and joined 20 miles in as on the way back there was the usual mass groups on the other side, also i was still passing people coming the other way at Standish at 1pm , what do these people do, to be so slow to have only covered 25 miles after 3 1/2 hours of riding

Last edited:

clid61

Veteran
Was thinking the same @DiddlyDodds I was a bout an hour behind you on the return leg , the last lot I saw heading North were Leyland area ! Good luck yo them at least they'll see a decent sunset !
As for the testerone fuelled Full Kit W****** , who think they own the road - very embarrassing ! Sadly theyre getting worse!
Last 10 mile was a slog into the wind ,but the ride home was heaven !

andydkelly

Newbie her. Just completed first M to B in 4:09. Longest ride previously was 35 miles so I'll take that. 6'5 and 16.5 stone and not yet got a road bike so was using a Giant FCR4.

May fall into the category of Full Kit ****** as I do ride in a team sky jersey but hey I like it and as I'm not in a club yet my options for kit are limited.

Loved the ride apart from the Lytham to Blackpool leg!

clid61

Veteran
Newbie her. Just completed first M to B in 4:09. Longest ride previously was 35 miles so I'll take that. 6'5 and 16.5 stone and not yet got a road bike so was using a Giant FCR4.

May fall into the category of Full Kit ****** as I do ride in a team sky jersey but hey I like it and as I'm not in a club yet my options for kit are limited.

clid61

Veteran
Well done andy , first of many now you have the bug ! Yea that run in was relentless ,feet up and plan your next one ,again well done !

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
andydkelly , you have to have full bib shorts etc to be a FKW, here is a pic of me and a bloke called Dan in full FKW mode.
DSC01530.JPG

May fall into the category of Full Kit ****** as I do ride in a team sky jersey but hey I like it and as I'm not in a club yet my options for kit are limited.!
It's not the full team kit on it's own that makes you a FKW, it's a complete disregard for everyone else on the road and a belief that you're better than the whole bally lot of 'em, and I doubt you're that person Andy ;)

Now you know it's there it won't catch you out next time, it'll still batter you as it's a relentless fecker that wind, but at least you'll be ready for it :thumbsup:

U

User33236

Me and Mrs SG started at 7:30am. Ride up to Blackpool was a rather tense affair at certain points due to some narrow roads, the small percent that behave like idiots including the novice riders sitting 4 and 5 abreast at times. On the whole though it was fun, even the challenging head wind in the last 10 miles.

On the ride back we hooked up with a small group from the East Lancs Road Club. Big thanks to the guys for their company which really made the return much more fun.

Came across an ambulance dealing with a female cyclist at one point. Hope she is ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom