Manchester to Blackpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Judderz

I emailed Bike Events asking them for a map of the route, (for preparation purposes), they said the actual route doesn't get released till the actual day of the ride, incase of any road closures, road works etc.

perplexed

Guru
I'm not sure what they're on about regarding Standish and the road hold ups for people trying to get there by car?

It's not anywhere near the finish is it, looking at the map. I can only presume it's been used as a part way meet up point in the past...

PaulB

Legendary Member
just enter MANCHESTER TO BLACKPOOL CYCLE ROUTE 2011 - their are a number of sites to chose from

But most importantly...DON'T PAY!

Do not be so foolish as to give these rip-off merchants any money to enrich them and for which you get precisely Scottish Football Association. Do the route; they don't own it or control it and as they give you nothing for the exorbitant fee, DON'T PAY THEM!

italiafirenze

World's Greatest Spy

Do not be so foolish as to give these rip-off merchants any money to enrich them and for which you get precisely Scottish Football Association. Do the route; they don't own it or control it and as they give you nothing for the exorbitant fee, DON'T PAY THEM!

You do get a little good bag at the end from the sponsors...

endoman

It's the where the fuelling station is, if you want to refill your bottle with water/buy energy drinks/food etc.

My Dad's house is just down the road, he'll sell you the stuff for half price
thumbsup.png

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Dont get the whole animosity towards "Bike Events" sure you dont get a huge amount for your money, but for someone with no sense of direction like myself, the fact there are signs everywhere is worth the entry fee alone.

Dont get the whole animosity towards "Bike Events" sure you dont get a huge amount for your money, but for someone with no sense of direction like myself, the fact there are signs everywhere is worth the entry fee alone.

I agree with you - it is very nice to be marsheld at bad junctions - a map is provided which you dont really need - feeding station at various stages - if every body did not pay can you imagine the danger on the roads - afterall there are 10000 cyclists - I find it very comforting not having to concern myself with whether Im going in the right direction

italiafirenze

World's Greatest Spy
Why dont you do it on monday then - the weather seems to be better

I have to admit I was happier paying £17 when I thought some of the proceeds went to charity. It is very expensive for a few signs and a marshal telling you to stop at the red traffic lights.

In contrast the beaverbrooks windmill ride had no marshalls, but very good signage and every penny went to Trinity Hospice.

And I'm working on Monday.

tongskie01

its unfair to those who pay. if youre not happy to pay for that amount, then don't do the ride. if you choose to do without paying then it shows what kind of person you are.

potsy

Rambler
I have to admit I was happier paying £17 when I thought some of the proceeds went to charity. It is very expensive for a few signs and a marshal telling you to stop at the red traffic lights.

In contrast the beaverbrooks windmill ride had no marshalls, but very good signage and every penny went to Trinity Hospice.

And I'm working on Monday.

you're just upset because most people get to go home afterwards where as you have to stay there :biggrin:

Top Bottom