Manchester to Blackpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclox

Sulk :sad: Sulk :sad: ........can't make the Manc to Blackpool got an injury. Couple more weeks recovery b4 I can do any real mileage. BUT I'm up for the Manchester Moon Ride in September! :angel:

eddie coffin

Just got home. 3 hours 10, soaked twice, lucky to ride with a good group of about 8. All taking turns at the front. My first experience of a large organised ride and I'll definately be doing more...........goody bag was a bit pants though
sad.gif

Cyclox

Just got home. 3 hours 10, soaked twice, lucky to ride with a good group of about 8. All taking turns at the front. My first experience of a large organised ride and I'll definately be doing more...........goody bag was a bit pants though
sad.gif

Wow! 3hrs 10 IMPRESSIVE!!

Just waiting to see how gb155 fares.....think he was aiming for under 3hrs YIKES!!

OP
OP
DiddlyDodds

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Next month is the annual Manchester to Blackpool ride for the masses.

Who is doing it from here at CC

and

• Are you doing it for Fun or head down for your best time
  • If time is the factor what will you be aiming for (I did it in 4hrs 50 on a Halfords mountain bike two years ago. The bike weighed just over 3 tons with tyres just a tad smaller than a JCB and the fitness level of a couch potato, so this time will be gutted if I don’t knock at least an hour of that time)

Well its done now , rained all way to Manchester (Car), sunny all the way to Blackpool (Cycle) and then rained all the way home (Car) , the perfect weather window , after doing it in 5hrs two years ago went to try and do the 4hrs and actualy did it in 3hrs 39mins

Hope all that went finished and enjoyed it

italiafirenze

World's Greatest Spy
My riding friend and I completed in 3 hours and 19 minutes. We seemed to miss all the rain but rode on a lot of very wet roads, seems we were just behind it. Set off pretty gently but picked it up after a brew stop at the golf course.

Nice chicken tikka kebabs at the finish, but too big of a queue for the massage.

Had the misfortune of seeing some absolute clowns on the road today, but also a few very decent blokes too.

A nice ride with decent weather in the end.

I did it in about 4 hours 20mins, I had wanted to beat my PB and go sub 4 hours, but my regular riding buddy ducked on me so I rode with another guy I know but at a slower pace. Really enjoyed it TBH as I saw a lot more than I would normally do :whistle:

Then we got sepearated a few miles before Lytham so I thought sod it and TT'd my way to the end.

+1 with Gaz for getting murdered by the feckin' headwinds in the closing few miles :wacko:

SWMBO tells me some guy wiped out at the finish line, (must have been around 12:00 ish), believe he was going like the clappers. Anyone know him?

Hope he's ok.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
3.30 ish for the ride there, and just shy of 4.0 for the return ride.

Soaked just after leaving manchester, then pretty decent for the rest of the ride. Then soaked again just before the end.

Enjoyed it, but knackered now

Top Bottom