Manchester to Blackpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
More like 7 or 8000 entrants.

Set off early if you want to avoid muppet central.

OP
OP
DiddlyDodds

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
its unfair to those who pay. if youre not happy to pay for that amount, then don't do the ride. if you choose to do without paying then it shows what kind of person you are.

Well said .

For the those who want the money to go to charity , dont sponge on the rest of us, go get signed up for the British heart foundation Manchester to
Blackpool night ride for £30

tongskie01

Well said .

For the those who want the money to go to charity , dont sponge on the rest of us, go get signed up for the British heart foundation Manchester to
Blackpool night ride for £30

it takes some effort to organize big events like this. its just fair that organizers get rewarded. those who are not happy or willing to pay might just as well organize same version of this ride for free ...

crisscross

it takes some effort to organize big events like this. its just fair that organizers get rewarded. those who are not happy or willing to pay might just as well organize same version of this ride for free ...

Whilst I agree that it takes a lot of effort to organise these events, I find it slightly distasteful that the organisers take a huge profit from a "charity" event.

Assuming 5000 enter ( and it may well be close to double that amount) at £17 a time that is £85,000.

I am surprised that the charities haven't considered doing it themselves yet - or maybe it really is that hard work.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Dont get the whole animosity towards "Bike Events" sure you dont get a huge amount for your money, but for someone with no sense of direction like myself, the fact there are signs everywhere is worth the entry fee alone.

I don't either.

Yes you get nothing for your money, but Sportives in general - you'll get less for your money - unless it's an organiser that's really keen.

The Bike Events ones have lots and lots of marshals ... that's a big plus point to beginners.

Well - this is it - the time is now 12:45am Sunday - all chit-chat aside - we are off in a few hours time - may the wind and the rain be behind use - lets look forward to a good ride - and a few pints after - all the best to you all - cheers

LEIGH - THE MAD PENSIONER

tongskie01

Whilst I agree that it takes a lot of effort to organise these events, I find it slightly distasteful that the organisers take a huge profit from a "charity" event.

Assuming 5000 enter ( and it may well be close to double that amount) at £17 a time that is £85,000.

I am surprised that the charities haven't considered doing it themselves yet - or maybe it really is that hard work.

we dont know how many people are involved organising such events but i reckon there are lots. if this is business, it sure is thriving so that we all leisure riders couldl enjoy the rides for many years to come. £17 isnt that much considering what you spend for a nightout....consider it as it is but without the hangover.
biggrin.gif

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Late last night, my task for a 3 hrs ride was confirmed as being even hard.

for my "Dominique" riding buddy pulled out, so unless I can find a group of people at my speed, its just become a 100km Time-Trial

Wish me luck :biggrin:

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Late last night, my task for a 3 hrs ride was confirmed as being even hard.

for my "Dominique" riding buddy pulled out, so unless I can find a group of people at my speed, its just become a 100km Time-Trial

Wish me luck :biggrin:

Top Bottom