Man's great inventions...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
Think fire is more of a discovery than an invention.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
simon l& and a half said:
Sabreur tries to raise the conversation above stomach level (and much of it has been below stomach level). He's new here. He'll learn
Whilst I admire your tack on this, can abstract thought be an invention, or is it innate?
If innate, I'm inclined towards Pies....

SamNichols

Abstract thought isn't a invention, more a wonder of evolution. Fire isn't an invention, nor, particularly is electricity (although methods of harnessing are).

SamNichols said:
Fire isn't an invention, nor, particularly is electricity (although methods of harnessing are).

Dave5N said:
Think fire is more of a discovery than an invention.

Oh ALRIGHT then! "Technologies associated with the maintenance, use and management of fire, including but not limited to, bellows, firewood, hearths, bunsen burners, tuyeres, grates, flint-and-steel, banging two rocks together, differential tempering, and putting the woodash on the compost heap". SHEESH.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Twenty Inch said:
Oh ALRIGHT then! "Technologies associated with the maintenance, use and management of fire, including but not limited to, bellows, firewood, hearths, bunsen burners, tuyeres, grates, flint-and-steel, banging two rocks together, differential tempering, and putting the woodash on the compost heap". SHEESH.
Don't forget candles...:?:

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Must be Yorkshire...everybody I ever met from there bleats-on about how bloody wonderful it is...or, maybe it's the Working Class...apparently it's great to be that as well.

Top Bottom