Man's great inventions...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tomb1960

For me the greatest everyday invention simply has to be the humble wheelbarrow. Every time I use one I think how perfect it is. My mother-in-law has been installed for Christmas, she has mobility problems, she wants to go to church with us this evening..... I am seriously thinking the wheelbarrow might yet again be the answer to a vexing problem!

longers

Legendary Member
mickle said:
The tea cup.

You cant build a bicycle without tea and you cant have tea without a cup.

Jam jars have worked perfectly well for me in times of need. Pint glasses are even better as you can get more in.

Canal locks are a close second to pies from the offerings we've had so far. Although I did at first wonder why canals needed securing.

gbb

Legendary Member
Bra's.....:ohmy:
A braless girls a wonderful thing...for a while :sad:...until gravity takes over.

Did anyone suggest gravity !!!

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
The TV - think about it: Now a days, everyone raves about computers, but for over 50years now, we could buy a box, fill it with various electronic bits, and stick a wire out of the window and Hey Presto - Moving pictures in your living room. I am continually amazed how people take it for granted !

Andrew

zip ties
zips
biros
cats eyes
internet
TV - as mentioned
planes - amazing
radio
GPRS
measurement of any sort...
Campagnolo
Shimano
A wee sram now and again,
there are thousands of things, and I'm sure we are all grateful for all these bits and bobs (especially the bobs) that make our lives rounder...

Top Bottom