Marketing Over Function

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I knew it would be Rufford. Some of the kids filming have made a living out of that crossing.

That channel doesn't have any advertising but others might, I find those videos strangely addictive to watch.

Jody

Stubborn git
Very addictive. You can't quite believe some people are that clueless as to see more than one car broke with the bonnet up and think "Yeah sod it.... Looks doable"

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Have a look at this video of Kenilworth ford in flood, from 1m12 to 2m43 there's a 4x4 driving through it.

It's 3 feet deep, which you'd think might be enough to float it, but hey, it's got a snorkel so it's obviously designed for this sort of stuff. Isn't it? Well watch him open the door at the far side and empty all the water out. :rolleyes:

So there's no point in the snorkel then, just a marketing gimmick designed to appeal to the sort who think it looks cool.
Taken the chance to learn how to drive through deep water whilst the chance was there?
Second vehicle there should they get stuck.

Why'd the telehandler have no-one in the bucket?

CharlesF

Guru
Good old Disco, the best car I have ever had. The driver knew what he was doing, driving to create a bow wave. They must be on a very important mission as they’re wearing HiViz, Deliveroo?

gbb

Legendary Member
Can understand needing to cross a river in an emergency but deliberately crossing and getting the inside soaking wet to prove the effectiveness of snorkels §is next level silliness.

I'd say the opposite (just to be contrary :okay:)
Colleague had a Toyota Landcruiser i think, ancient, sturdy, raised suspension etc. Hopeless on the road, slow, noisy, very heavy on fuel. He used to take it off roading and truly abuse it, occasionally having to rebuild diffs etc because if water and mud ingress (it was old remember) To him, the opportunity to go fording would be perfect....and many who like that kind of thing and that kind of vehicle.
Now, driving a car and getting stuck...stupidity I'd agree.

Jody

Stubborn git
They must be on a very important mission as they’re wearing HiViz, Deliveroo?

Isn't it standard issue?

1664546663440.png

Kenilworth Ford in the 1950's, shown about 7 minutes in.

I've actually watched that before but didn't recognise the fords as being the same.

vickster

Legendary Member
Could have done with some rice to help soak up all the water left in it. It looked like a colander being raised from the water as it was towed out.

Well you're meant to put a wet phone in rice to dry it out, so it might have worked if you'd taken the rice from the packaging and stuck in the footwells :wacko::laugh:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
No interior carpets and plastic seats are the answer. Just hose out the muck when you are finished :okay:

Although I did come unstuck one winter after a submersion when the water that had soaked into the seat foams kept freezing during the following weeks of subzero temps. Didn't do me much good effectively sitting on blocks of ice until the weather warmed up a bit and they thawed/dried out :laugh:

Top Bottom