Marmalade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Today I have been brewing up my Sevilles and generating some special Marmalade. ;) :biggrin:

Off to do another batch in a minute. :tongue: :tongue:

<Homer> Mmmmmm Mmmaaarmmmmaaaalaaade <Homer/>

you jammy git!

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
longers said:
Are you taking the pith?

Sounds good by the way. What makes yours "special"?

:biggrin: :biggrin:

I only uses half the dose of sugar wot the recipe says :biggrin:

Means it isn't ghastly sweet and the fruit flavour comes through nicely :biggrin:

I'd recommend that approach to any jam BTW ;)

Batch #2 is bubbling away right now :tongue: :tongue:

longers

Legendary Member
twentysix by twentyfive said:
I only uses half the dose of sugar wot the recipe says :tongue:

That does sound good, I've had some fruit based sticky stuffs in the past that just taste of sugar :biggrin:

I've heard that there's people out there who don't like marmalade ;)

Do the Sevillians make marmalade as well or do they just export all the oranges to us?

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
accountantpete said:
I can never get the stuff to set so just take the easy way out and use Mamade with a bit of fresh ginger added.

Add Lemon Juice - Pectin source. :laugh:

Mamade is pretty good too. Saves a lot of orange prep. And it works with half sugar :sad: :tongue:

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
longers said:
That does sound good, I've had some fruit based sticky stuffs in the past that just taste of sugar :tongue:

I've heard that there's people out there who don't like marmalade :sad:

Do the Sevillians make marmalade as well or do they just export all the oranges to us?

People who don't like maramlade :laugh: <robot mode> Does not compute, Does not compute <robot mode/>

Well I do wonder if Sevillians do make marmalade. I'd be pleased if did. :thumbsup:<selfish> Just so long as they send me enough oranges for mine :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: <selfish/>

postman

Legendary Member
My Father in Law makes ours .It's superb .And the Sister in law makes cakes .Heaven .
I am a lucky so and so .

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
tyred said:
Put a small dash of whiskey in it:thumbsup:

Um Errr - It's been drunk :ohmy: :thumbsup:

Batch #3 is on now.:laugh:

So far that's 19lbs. Should end up with a pound of nectar per week for the year :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Unless I can't help myself and do something like Winnie the Pooh but not involving Honey :sad: :tongue:

longers

Legendary Member
I made a bread and butter pudding with hot cross buns and marmalade a couple of years ago. It's tasty and shouldn't use up too much of your years supply.

Have you got a pressure cooker, 26x25? Makes it a lot quicker. I can post a pressure-cooker recipe if you like, but have to consult Mrs P - she's the marmalade guru.

In fact, we laid off making marmalade for about three years, trying to keep the sugar (and calories) intake down you see (even the 'low-sugar' recipes are an awful lot of sugar) :smile:. But, being completely out of stock this year, we relented and made another batch. There goes the waistline...:tongue:

Top Bottom