Marmite banned...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Never tried Marmite and TBH I doubt I ever will, it's just one of those things that I really don't fancy trying, I might be missing out, but I doubt it ;)

On the aroma front, Warburtons bakery isn't far from me, and in full swing it takes some beating, mmmmmmmmm fresh bread :mrpig:
That's not bread! The stuff you're talking about is officially classed as BSO.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Would a baby marmot be called a marmite?

Marmot-edit1.jpg

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
To further derail, the piano-playing on that track is irretrievably immature.
Immature, or simply a musical motif intended to be idiomatically representational of the actual sound of the sudden and unexpected fracturing of materials composed of about 75% silicon dioxide (SiO2), sodium oxide (Na2O) from soda ash, lime (CaO), and several minor additives? :smile:

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Unfortunately I was abused by my parents as a child. Not a single jar of Marmite graced our kitchen cupboards. I'll have been about 18 the first time i tried Marmite... it was at my brother's friend's house in Bradford, after going to watch Hear & Now at The Duchess in Leeds... a gig I'd packed my shelf stacking job in to go to (the b@stards decided i couldn't have the night off after all!). Since then I've always had a big jar of Marmite in stock... a house isn't a home without Marmite. I'm now pining for the long disappeared Diamond Malt Loaf, the perfect bed for a thick layer of the lovely yeasty salt fest... :hungry:

You need some cheap white sliced bread (Warburton's extra thick is good), Marmite, loads of mayonnaise and some tabasco sauce (or any other hot chilli sauce). Spread Marmite on bread to a depth of perhaps half an inch, spread mayonnaise on top, sprinkle liberally with tabasco, put another slice of polystyrene bread on top, eat.:hungry:
Or add a generous tablespoon of Marmite and loads of chilli powder to a saucepan containing a tin of baked beans. The Canadians don't know what they're missing.

Don't you look stupid with a marmite butty on your head ?
There's a surprising amount of research suggesting that higher concentrations of the Vit B complex in your blood makes you smell bad to mossies/midges. Marmite has very high levels of Vit B in it so whilst spending months (literally) cycling through Scandinavia 3 summers ago (?) I decided to test this theory rather than be eaten alive by midge/mossies (not mosquitos though) and it did work for us. Camping wild in swampy forests is a very good test of the theory - in total we had maybe 10 bites each over the course of the 4-5 months we were there.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/3342310/Dont-let-the-midges-bug-you.html
http://www.magazine.ordnancesurveyl...ials/outdoor-skills/beat-the-bugs/midges.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/outdoors/articles/midge/

Top Bottom