Marmite TV - Count Arthur Strong

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hyslop

Veteran
Probably my favourite radio show, really want to like the TV version but honestly it's just OK.

Maybe it's because they changed all of the peripheral figures from the radio show, to completely new 'side-kicks'?

Still better than 90% of TV comedies I've seen recently though :thumbsup:
Quite agree, the radio series allowed imagination free rein as to the characters.The TV series,well,I cant quite see them in the same way.Rory Kinnears character for example,seems to be over played and largely unbelievable.Perhaps thats the problem,the characters are much more dominant in the TV series than the radio.Mind you,if you happen across the spoof memoirs of Count Arthur,you may find that has something of the curates egg about it also.That said,give it a go,you may disagree with me.

potsy

Rambler
Actually quite enjoyed last night's episode, I think he reminds me of how I imagine @User14044 is in real life ^_^

Too much time spent on Mr Kinnear though, everyone else should be background characters where he has more lines than Arthur or so it seems at times.

Hardrock93

Veteran
Uh oh, swimming against the tide, here.
Unlike you lot, I had never heard of Count Arthur until he appeared on the telly and must say I've thoroughly enjoyed the TV shows. On the basis of all the positive comments above regarding the radio version, I searched for one of the episodes and found the 2014 Christmas Special. God it was awful - banal, unfunny and tedious. I reckon they filter out the excessive bumbling for TV and it's all the better for that.

Top Bottom