Mars 3.0 bracket question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SoulOnIce

I have one of the Blackburn Mars 3.0 lights. Thoroughly recommended - very, very bright.

Currently using this light on my seat post and a Cateye
TL LD600 LED fixed to a bracket on my rack.I'd prefer to use the Mars fixed to my rack but I can't find any suitable bracket.

The Cateye is fixed to the rack using the bracket below:
moz-screenshot.png
cateye-tail-light-bracket-med.jpg

The black bit on the middle of the right hand side is a hole that neatly allows me to fix the bracken to my rack. Anyone know of owt similar for the Mars?

I've googled and looked in all the obvious places but can't find anything.

Attachments

• cateye-tail-light-bracket-med.jpg
    cateye-tail-light-bracket-med.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 24

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Don't think there is - SJSCycles are usually pretty good for parts - the 4.0 comes with a rack mount, but the 3.0's bracket is seat post or stay only, and not easily bodged.

4.0 and 3.0 mounts are not swappable (got both)....

OP
OP
SoulOnIce

SoulOnIce

fossyant said:
Don't think there is - SJSCycles are usually pretty good for parts - the 4.0 comes with a rack mount, but the 3.0's bracket is seat post or stay only, and not easily bodged.

4.0 and 3.0 mounts are not swappable (got both)....

So basically I'm being driven into buying - a new 4.0 - hey ho. I was hoping to try to curtail my cycle expenditure but I can justify this on safety grounds. well that's what I'll tell Mrs SoulOnIce.

a p clip ought to sort that out, use the bolt from the p clip through the bracket and the p clip (clipped round the rack) and you should be good to go

Top Bottom