Mass arrests 'Critical Mass' cycle ride during Olympics opening

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
What the hell are you on about? London is about as green as it gets - the parks are MAHOOSIVE, and every second square seems to be a little oasis of greeness where you Londons can sit and be unfriendly to each other, whilst drinking your over priced skinny crappy-chinos and Pret A Mung Bean Burger.

You want built up, come up North.
and the UK City with the greatest number of trees per square mile is.................Leeds.

And, actually, we've never done public space well in London, which is why the loss of it is so sad. New York was planned around a massive park and small open squares every few blocks, but, by the time that New York got going, London's population was nudging two million and the game was effectively lost. There's lots of small parks in the 'burbs and lots of people in the 'burbs have gardens, but zones 1 and 2 is remarkably short of the green stuff, and that which we have is mostly Royal Park in the ritziest parts of town.

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
and the UK City with the greatest number of trees per square mile is.................Leeds.

And, actually, we've never done public space well in London, which is why the loss of it is so sad. New York was planned around a massive park and small open squares every few blocks, but, by the time that New York got going, London's population was nudging two million and the game was effectively lost. There's lots of small parks in the 'burbs and lots of people in the 'burbs have gardens, but zones 1 and 2 is remarkably short of the green stuff, and that which we have is mostly Royal Park in the ritziest parts of town.

The thing which always baffles me is that we have a garden, but Mr TF is always very jealous of people with roof terraces - I think they're a poor substitute, personally, but each to their own, I suppose.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
if you didn't spend so much time cleaning those bikes........

I spend as much time doing the bloody garden as I do fettling my bikes.
Garden1.jpg

PK99

Legendary Member
Gardens are a pain in the arse.
Too much hard work.

Not so! If properly designed the routine work is minimal - in mine (500m^2) I mow the lawn once a week and do a day or so in spring and autumn and for the rest of the year it more or less takes care of itself. I did not do much more when it was open under the yellow Book scheme other than tarting up for the public.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
2830969170.jpg

Mine.............

Top Bottom