Matt black bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Nowt new about matt paint on bikes. I'd a matt pearl white Raleigh frame resprayed matt black back in 1988.

Rode back from, Ellis Briggs in Shipley, just over 12 miles on the powder coated(black) bike. Took it there the same way. By bike.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I think matt black looks great. Easy enough to keep clean although at the end of the day it's only a bike and I'm not going to go gaga just staring at the thing like a work of art.

Kent1.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
I use tfr (traffic film remover) £15 for 25 litre, mix it about 20 part water to 1 part tfr, it has a lot in common with some very expensive bike cleaning products.

Tom B

Guru
I use tfr (traffic film remover) £15 for 25 litre, mix it about 20 part water to 1 part tfr, it has a lot in common with some very expensive bike cleaning products.

Is that stuff blue like screenwash? If it is we call it truck wash or acid wash around here and we used to use gallons of it washing down engines and the back of bin wagons. Good stuff..

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
Is that stuff blue like screenwash? If it is we call it truck wash or acid wash around here and we used to use gallons of it washing down engines and the back of bin wagons. Good stuff..

Yes, it comes in different colours though. No acid in most of them though.

Top Bottom