Matt black bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
What do you guys use to make them look lovely?

The words "matt black paint" and "lovely" do not belong together in the same sentence, whether we are talking about bikes, motorbikes, or cars.
Matt black is an unfinished finish, like someone just applied the primer then never got around to putting on the top coat. You can't make it look lovely because it looks horrible.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I love matt, clean mine with car shampoo or a spray with Demon Clean the green solution.

IMG_20190531_170338.jpg

OP
OP
I
The words "matt black paint" and "lovely" do not belong together in the same sentence, whether we are talking about bikes, motorbikes, or cars.
Matt black is an unfinished finish, like someone just applied the primer then never got around to putting on the top coat. You can't make it look lovely because it looks horrible.
I have no further interest in this thread. I asked a genuine question and been treated like an idiot.

Say what you want, all of you, I`m past caring. I appreciate the HELPFUL answers, but the rest - just do one

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I honestly can not see where anyone has treated you like an idiot,

It seems a lot of people (like me) simply do not find the appearance of matt black bikes appealing, and the OP doesn't like this because they own one and anyone who disses their colour scheme is regarded as dissing them personally.
Some people ridicule my penchant for riding cheap secondhand & skip bikes, but I don't let it bother me. I just laugh at how expensive their cycling activities are compared to mine. Members of public forums disagree with each other about all sorts of things - that's just how it is.

agreed , I see folk who don't agree but no one has treated the op like an idiot . I also haven't seen any members ridicule you for doing things as cheap as you can, they do however, myself included disagree with your statements of ….more money than sense, conned by the sales patter etc......we are all different with different oppinions, doesn't make anyone wrong....just different

OP
OP
I
agreed , I see folk who don't agree but no one has treated the op like an idiot . I also haven't seen any members ridicule you for doing things as cheap as you can, they do however, myself included disagree with your statements of ….more money than sense, conned by the sales patter etc......we are all different with different oppinions, doesn't make anyone wrong....just different

Where have I said these things please? I haven`t..........

Also where have I wanted to do things "as cheap as you can" as you put it??

Levo-Lon

Guru
It seems a lot of people (like me) simply do not find the appearance of matt black bikes appealing, and the OP doesn't like this because they own one and anyone who disses their colour scheme is regarded as dissing them personally.
Some people ridicule my penchant for riding cheap secondhand & skip bikes, but I don't let it bother me. I just laugh at how expensive their cycling activities are compared to mine. Members of public forums disagree with each other about all sorts of things - that's just how it is.

I think its more to do with you constantly telling people who buy new and latest fads their just fools for following trends.

As for me i wouldn't cycle if i had to ride old bikes.
I tried them when they were new as a kid and thought they were crap then, hence why i gave up bikes as soon as i could at 16.
I now have bikes that make me happy to just look at let alone ride.

So as said many times, it's about what does it for you not what others think.
Enjoy your bikes, im off out on my E-bike as i fancy a destroy the Son in Law day :laugh:

Top Bottom