Matt black bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You could try Muck Off Protect and shine - it leaves a silicon layer behind, but it's not a polish. See what it looks like on a small area. You'll just get a slight sheen, but it will wash off if you don't like it.

screenman

Legendary Member
Jet wash.

Tom B

Guru
My matt black bike is shiny in places and never has looked great in terms off finish.

I wash it with car shampoo and find that if I'm riding it I don't see much of it.

Bought it inspite of the matt, not because. Buy paint is just something to cover the metal.

Seevio

Guru
Obviously I’d never own a matte black bike...but a friend bought me this (or it might have been a freebie from her work). If you were local, you’d be welcome to try it.
Amazon sell it

Not to be confused with
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-N4X0CR5hdOG1jbaZ-zTqn-R8TFm6nEeAnj7-e6y7f1duMiTA.jpg

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
My last bike was matt black carbon...... doesn't matter what you use, 5 minutes riding down the road and it will look like it;s been buried in a plowed field for 6 months.

Best just wipe it down with a damp cloth and go for a ride.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My last bike was matt black carbon...... doesn't matter what you use, 5 minutes riding down the road and it will look like it;s been buried in a plowed field for 6 months.

Best just wipe it down with a damp cloth and go for a ride.

Eeek, that would never do for me. Love glossy bikes.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Weeps, even the MTB's aren't allowed to look like that after a ride. I'm just weird though.
TBH the Trek road bike is kept clean, dry and cared for, but that's my summer bike and I like riding it.

The GT Grade (commuter) on the other hand is definatly the red-headed step-child of the bicycle world, and is lucky to get wiped down with an oily rag twice a year.... but that's mainly cos it takes me to work in the rain, rather than to cake shops in the sunshine.

Top Bottom