Mavic Comete Pro Carbon UST

Bondsy

Regular
Anyone riden on the new Comete Pro Carbon Wheels? At 64mm deep Wondering how they run and if they are suitable as an all rounder. Description states redesigned profile which isn't affected by cross winds. Stiff and fairly light weight, interested how they climb?

Slick

Veteran
If they climb, you can get me a set please. :okay:

Sorry, couldn't resist. Carry on.

OP
B

Bondsy

Regular
At 6'2" and 85kg not great, I can hold 300 - 320 watts but that doesn't help when it ramps up. My stengths is on the flats, hence why I am looking at these, but still need something which works well when climbing.

Stompier

At 6'2" and 85kg not great, I can hold 300 - 320 watts but that doesn't help when it ramps up
When it ramps up, your weight comes into effect and makes your w/kg (as opposed to just w) the critical measure. Wheels are going to make minimal difference to that equation.

but still need something which works well when climbing
Wheels will work whether they are climbing or not. Can you clarify what you mean?

Last edited:

paxterg

Über Member
A pair of these came with my Canyon Aeroad, they are a great wheel, fairly light, good climbers and fast. However they are a bugger in crosswinds, especially for a light rider like myself, they are also fairly uncomfortable, picking up every bump and lump in the road! I swapped them out for Zipp 202's which suit my style of riding better, yet I do still use the Mavics for TT's and flat fast days!

Top Bottom