May I take a short, casual, survey on the Fatzua system?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Is that a 15kg area as the manufacturer claims, or the 15kg area as they actually are after you've personally put them on the scales? As aforementioned, the two figures appear to bear no mathematical relation to one another.
My 2018 Cube Agree C62 Road ebike weighs in at 15 - 15.5kg depending how it is set-up when I weigh it. That is including, but not limited to, Pedals (vector 3's), lights (cycliq 12ce, 6ce), head unit (edge 1030), varia radar, cages and mounts, saddle bag containing, tools, 2 tubes, patch kit, chain breaker, ottolock, pressure gauge.

A contempory bare Cube Agree Disc road bike is claimed @ 8.2kg. Not including pedals by the looks of it.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
My 2018 Cube Agree C62 Road ebike weighs in at 15 - 15.5kg depending how it is set-up when I weigh it. That is including, but not limited to, Pedals (vector 3's), lights (cycliq 12ce, 6ce), head unit (edge 1030), varia radar, cages and mounts, saddle bag containing, tools, 2 tubes, patch kit, chain breaker, ottolock, pressure gauge.

A contempory bare Cube Agree Disc road bike is claimed @ 8.2kg. Not including pedals by the looks of it.

Fazua claim the weight of their motor and battery as 4.6kg, although that probably doesn't include the controller, and associated switches, sensors and wiring.

Then there's the extra frame material needed to house everything.

Thus a complete Fazua installation might add close to 6kg to a bike.

Start with a bike weighing 8kg or so, and you should be able to achieve an all-up weight of 15kg - even with a full bidon.

gzoom

Über Member
Roadie bikes aren't my thing, but it looks like the £3,000 carbon Ribble ebike shares the same frame with the £6,999 one.

In that respect, the bargain looks to be the cheaper bike, although I accept you weren't being entirely serious.

The cheapest Ribble shares the same frame as the most expensive, where as the Boardman shares its frame with the £500 version, and you can tell.

For absolutely value the £5k Ribble looks best, decent wheels/Ultegra running kit, the top spec £7k version only really buys you 1kg weight loss which on an eBike isn't much of a penalty.

Drago

Legendary Member
Despite all these claims by manufacturers of featherlight weights, and solemn promises from owners that they've dutifully weighed them on the bathroom scales, they're all still heavier than mine when I actually meet an owner in the wild and we get to examine each others wares.

gzoom

Über Member
Despite all these claims by manufacturers of featherlight weights, and solemn promises from owners that they've dutifully weighed them on the bathroom scales, they're all still heavier than mine when I actually meet an owner in the wild and we get to examine each others wares.

How heavy is your eBike, I'll happily meet up to compare :smile:

Top Bottom