Maybe I’m Over reacting but…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

stuckinthemud

Regular
Dave, I meant it, my stress levels are high so I over react to stressful situations. Working my way through an extended line of cyclists without crashing into oncoming vehicles, knocking into bikes or having the idiot in the Defender ram me up the rear when I slowed a bit quick was stressful. I am not trolling, check my post history

winjim

Smash the cistern
Dave, I meant it, my stress levels are high so I over react to stressful situations. Working my way through an extended line of cyclists without crashing into oncoming vehicles, knocking into bikes or having the idiot in the Defender ram me up the rear when I slowed a bit quick was stressful. I am not trolling, check my post history

Cars are rubbish innit.

markemark

Über Member
So basically you were held up a bit and forced to be careful around vulnerable road users. Sounds horrific. I suggest you blame everyone else.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

Why don't you wait till a safe opportunity to pass crops up, rather than "Working your way through an extended line of cyclists without crashing into oncoming vehicles or knocking into bikes", or do you think being in charge of a faster vehicle means everyone slower should get out of your way?

And the incident with the Defender was caused because you were not paying attention and had to brake sharply, neither was the driver of the Defender that nearly hit you. Your joint incompetence was nothing to do with the cyclists.

OP
OP
S

stuckinthemud

Regular
Still does kinda come back to my opening post, which is, when faced with roads full of stressed and impatient idiots like me, why put yourself in a position of danger unnecessarily? Why ride a dangerous route at the most inappropriate time when a safe cycle route is available?

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
In fairness to the op and we've all seen them, but some cyclists are a law onto their own and ride as if they had a death wish. We're not all angels.
However @stuckinthemud no route is dangerous. The people who use them carelessly are the danger.
A cyclist has just as much right to use any road he or she wishes whenever he or she wishes and without being put at risk from other road users.
The recent law changes were made to ensure that those with bigger, heavier, faster vehicles take the consequences of mishandling those vehicles more seriously. If you choose to travel in something weighing the better part of 2 tons and has the potential to injure or kill, do so very carefully.
The idiots amongst us we can all agree don't make things easy, but for the sake of everyone's wellbeing, stop, let them do what they're doing and then carry on whilst they're out of the way.

Last edited:

newts

Veteran
I've witnessed many incidents local to me where 'impatient cycle clubs' act like complete fs@king dickc on both road & shared use paths

classic33

Leg End Member
Still does kinda come back to my opening post, which is, when faced with roads full of stressed and impatient idiots like me, why put yourself in a position of danger unnecessarily? Why ride a dangerous route at the most inappropriate time when a safe cycle route is available?
I want to get to work, on a bicycle, how do I manage?
The quieter roads are actually busier, have more junctions and are the long way round.

Why should I have to go that way?

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Undertake means to Hope you can resist 2 ton of car when the gap between you and the pavement you started to enter isn’t there anymore
Undertakers deal with the dead. Overtaking on the inside is entirely legal when done by bicycles; it's referred to as filtering (as mentioned upthread). And one of the advantages of being on a bike is that you can filter past slow-moving and stationary traffic.

Top Bottom