Maybe I’m Over reacting but…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
But what does it achieve? Like many things it is change for change's sake.

And who are they?

In your day job you are part of they Wreaking change on the pretence of progress
Well it happens. Like we don't have Hussars ant more, or Tommies.
Things change, notice it, suck it up

As for car cycle conflict maybe it needs both parties to relax a bit

Re being stressed, maybe you need to do something about it and not standing there expecting everyone else to work with it.
Your problem, get a grip, solve it, move on.

winjim

Smash the cistern

And who are they?

It gives continuity to pupils moving through the system and allows you to compare pupils who may be in different schools with different structures. It provides consistency.

D

Deleted member 26715

It achieves nothing other than the justification of the salary of the person/group/committee/focus group/consultant who came up with the idea
And who are they?
I 'think' they enter the school at 5 at Year 1, then work up from there, year 10 would be 15/16 & year 11 16/17, which in my world would equate to to 5th & 6th form, I also think you enter comprehensive or academy (again another complete waste of funding) as they like to call themselves at year 6, the old 1st year.

CXRAndy

Guru
I like to get in between cyclists, quietly tell them to get on the back bumper and I'll draft them back to the front.

In my EV ^_^

All uphill

Still rolling along
Still does kinda come back to my opening post, which is, when faced with roads full of stressed and impatient idiots like me, why put yourself in a position of danger unnecessarily? Why ride a dangerous route at the most inappropriate time when a safe cycle route is available?
In all probability for the same reason you were there - it's the most direct route from one place to another.

Maybe they could have chosen to cycle somewhere else, or at another time - but then so could you.

If you are still this stressed after four weeks out of school then I'd suggest you need to make some changes in your life;, for your sake, and for the pupils' sake.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Still does kinda come back to my opening post, which is, when faced with roads full of stressed and impatient idiots like me, why put yourself in a position of danger unnecessarily? Why ride a dangerous route at the most inappropriate time when a safe cycle route is available?

I will try to answer your question. I've no idea of the area or route you are talking about or the condition of the suggested alternatives, possibly that road is closed?

Over the years I have organised hundreds, possibly thousands, of club rides and deal with at least four every weekend. I have a huge library of club routes. The simple fact is this, in order to reach quieter and more enjoyable highways and byways using busy roads is sometimes unavoidable. This is something the club have had to tackle in the last 12 months following the introduction of Saturday club rides, roads which are quiet on a Sunday are busy at 9.00 on Saturday. Our weekend routes have been altered to account for this but it's impossible to completely avoid busy roads on a Saturday and we're certainly not going to stay off the public highway because it's busy.

If you feel you have a valid point and know the club in question I suggest a well constructed email to the club secretary would be valuable. As a club sec when I receive such I contact the riders and get their perspective. If I receive a rant as per your OP it gets ignored.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
They do it because they are in a club. And bike clubs are exempt from normal everyday rules.
Club cyclists can do what they want, when they want, and anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong.

I realise you have an intense dislike for anything to do with club cycling but this is quite simply ill-informed nonsense.

Last edited:
To me the the Club ride organiser has run out of ideas and has no clue about organising an interesting and yet a demanding ride for its members. Worse still their members are lemmings as no one seem to point it out.

Let me cite the rides organised by likes of Ianrauk, Dellzeq, Martin235, FNRttC etc. Thru urban and less urban areas but well planned for the enjoyment of those particIpating. I can’t recall a single organised ride mentioned in CC goes pear shape because the choice of route was poorly selected.

Would I hold a picnic in an industrial area as I have every right to do so. No. Would anyone defend my right to do so. Yep, probably some with ideological bent who could not tell the difference between a stale bun and a freshly baked croissant.

Top Bottom