Maybe not in the right job.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering

OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
Must admit I was not sure if here or there was the right place, and opted for the safer option.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I'm not sure that the Cafe is actually safe anymore :eek:
Yep, at least CA&D served a purpose in preventing other boards getting bogged down in nonsensical "debates". You are more likely to get a reasonable opinion in the cafe.
FWIW, if M&S persist with allowing this, I would be tempted to boycott them. Utter stupidity, and I suspect has nothing to do with anyones beliefs.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Yep, at least CA&D served a purpose in preventing other boards getting bogged down in nonsensical "debates". You are more likely to get a reasonable opinion in the cafe.
FWIW, if M&S persist with allowing this, I would be tempted to boycott them. Utter stupidity, and I suspect has nothing to do with anyones beliefs.
I'm all for reasonable adjustments in the workplace and I have many friends, of many races and religions, but this is a step too far!

asterix

Comrade Member
I don't care someone cocked in M&S and it is an internal matter. Knowing, as I do, many who work for such stores I hear plenty about the issues that arise and are dealt with by compromise but never reach the newspapers. Religion OTOH is a surefire way to get people aroused, sell scummy newspapers and get people arguing on forums!

It's Christmas FFS, can't we give religion a rest for a few days?

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I would dump everything at the till and walk off if anyone said that to me, as a customer I expect the retailer to provide me with a service and staff equipped with the skill set to provide me with a service.

Im curious if the stance will change if they have vast amount of pork products going out of date due to people being unable to purchase them

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
M&S internal policy on who can handle what is entirely up to them. However, if they're stupid enough to put a Muslim on a general checkout where that person may be asked to handle pork or alcohol amongst a trolley-load of shopping and then expect the customer to shift everything to a non-Muslim till, then they'd find themselves with all of my shopping abandoned right there.

That wouldn't be the fault of the checkout assistant but of management who put him there.

GC

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I thought they just could not consume it rather than not handling it at all. I agree this is rather ridiculous. The line Sainsburys took is more of a logical one, common sense prevailed.

Top Bottom