Maybe not in the right job.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Like it or not Jonny Foreigner and their religious beliefs have got us over a barrel, if they refuse to do pork ect and get the sack they will win the day in court for wrongful dismissal and will be laughing all the way to the bank.

I've said it before and i'll say it again.

Your assertion says more about you than it says about your targets.

vernon

I shop at many establishments where I believe the shop owner and staff to be muslim, but they have no problem serving me with alcohol or pork products.

Everyone has their price. :thumbsup:

Linford

[QUOTE 2835528, member: 1314"]I remember careering along Electric Avenue in Brixton one time, after a session in a pub. I went into the first butchers I saw and asked for a leg of pork or something. The Halal butcher looked at me as though I was simples.[/quote]
I consider the notion that we still have ritual slaughter in the 21st century to be a bit barbaric....

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Wouldn't happen in Aldi. The checkout staff whizz items through so quickly they haven't got time to look at the ingredients

Most checkout staff actually slow down and get told to appear to be scanning slowly. If you work out the theoretical maximums for scanning speed, a good portion could beat double the target they're set, it is just they are slowed down by five or six other factors outside their control (not necessarily ones the public believe are slowing them down). There are the odd people who could only scan at 10 or 15 items a minute regardless, but

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Not sure about that with Aldi. They set a strict standard and have a competency test at the end of their induction period, if you're not up to their mark you're out & they include a fast scan test as part of it. A distant relative with years of experience in other supermarkets went for the better pay and conditions but was bounced out of there cos they didn't come up to Aldi's standards.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I sent an email to M&S and told them I would not be using my account anymore
Dear Customer

Thanks for your email.
I can assure you customer service is our number one priority. In the case highlighted in recent press articles, we regret this was not delivered to our usual standards. We would like to apologise for any resulting confusion and reassure you this was an isolated incident.
M&S offers an inclusive, secular environment for employees and customers, working closely with any employee with religious beliefs of any denomination that restrict specific food or drink handling. We aim to manage this so that all employees work in departments that allow them to offer great customer service at all times. Requests such are considered on a case by case basis and may lead to an individual working in a department where conflicts wouldn't arise, such as in clothing or bakery in foods.
This policy has been successfully implemented over many years and does not compromise our ability to offer the highest level of customer service.
Thanks again for getting in touch.

Kind regards

Simon Hoskins

vernon

I sent an email to M&S and told them I would not be using my account anymore

I'm sure that the CEO's sleep will be undisturbed by the consequences of your boycott.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I bet M&S are really upset that their brand is all over the media in the days leading up to Xmas.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I bet M&S are really upset that their brand is all over the media in the days leading up to Xmas.

Sadly this is true. It's brought out the worst in this country. There's a chance it means the one or two people involved in this will either lose their jobs or be on final written warnings. It also probably means muslim women working in M&S in certain stores are going to be getting a lot more hassle (which won't make the news).

Top Bottom