McDonalds and bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Erm, are you sure about that?

I know what you mean though, but if is has been raining outside and you come in with road dirt on your bike, making tire marks around the floor, you can understand why someone wouldnt want to clean up after you.
But saying that, I have gone into KFC when it has snowed and saw plenty of muddy boot prints on the floor after the carpet.

Also, someone could bump into your bike or trip and it would be your fault for bringing it inside.
OK feral then.... :thumbsup:

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
No what... out of curiosity i want to try the drive thru just to see what happens. I wouldn't be bothered if i got rejected im use to it :cry:(jk). I bet a interesting conversation would inspire from it. However i would doubt it would be a intellectual conversation, we may get past do you want fries with that if im lucky.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRCJEPs8oMp5KQVZ539j8OYRlHG6w8xADgDg_F_UEC__sAJLN7.jpg

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
When McDonald's talk about safety, I think they may be talking about the safety of the cyclist in relation to the car drivers in what is a narrow lane.

If they allowed cyclists, you can guarantee an idiot car driver would let his foot slip of the clutch and ram the cyclist into the back of the car in front.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
bet a interesting conversation would inspire from it. However i would doubt it would be a intellectual conversation, we may get past do you want fries with that if im lucky.
I have always been pretty impressed by the staff in McDonalds, not only are they normally polite and helpful they also work without overly zealous supervision.

Which for your generation Dan is quite impressive. ;)

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I have always been pretty impressed by the staff in McDonalds, not only are they normally polite and helpful they also work without overly zealous supervision.
Thats what I have gathered as well. When I first went through thr driver thru near me, the woman at the window suggested that I just come to the first window immediately as the sensor wont pick me up.
They have been very polite and acceptable at my McD drive thru.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy

Which for your generation Dan is quite impressive. ;)
Thats what happens when you have kids to feed.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I would not let a bike into a restaurant either - no offence but it is a matter of principle. If you let a bike in, then why not a moped or motorbike? You have to draw a line somewhere. Also they wouldn't want a little kid to squeeze by you and perhaps cut their leg on your cogs. you probably maintain your bike well, but as we all know there are some bikes with jagged edges on and rust. Having said that, they should let you use the drive-through. Some don't even let motorbikes through the drive-through, don't know why as you pay before you get your food. It is pure discrimination.

With regards to "policies" - this is a statement that is used far too much. if someone tells you it's against their policy then they should know where that policy is and be able to tell you what page it is on. policies have to be drawn up, circulated to board members and executives, then signed off. Asking the manager and then quoting his reply is not a "policy".

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Thats what I have gathered as well. When I first went through thr driver thru near me, the woman at the window suggested that I just come to the first window immediately as the sensor wont pick me up.
They have been very polite and acceptable at my McD drive thru.
Clearly this is a good one, but I've heard that not all of them are so accomodating.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Lock your bike outside. I have never taken mine into a shop or supermarket and as above think its a bit unfair to expect to do so. With regard to McDonald's their food is s***e, why would you want to consume the peasant food of the masses. As for drive through nothing like join a que for a heart attack
I don't think you can call their food shite, to me a McD burger is far more tasty and appealing than a British fry-up from a cafe. Also it's no more unhealthy than most other things, yet poeple seem to assume that everyone who likes McDonalds must go there 7 days a week and is therefore unhealthy. I eat there about 3 or 4 times a year and am perfectly healthy. if you eat too much of anything it can be unhealthy.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Well, that's one thing I will never have to worry about as I will NEVER set foot in a Mcdonald. I don't eat crap food.

Top Bottom