Meaningless marketing jargon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
@wheresthetorch Why don't you ask the landlord for one of his filling cream pies?

Hmm . . . I suspect that is something rude with which I shan't sully my browser history!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
There's a pub near me that advertises 'Proper Pies'. What is an improper pie?

(Erm, actually I think I may have posted this before, possibly somewhere unthread. It's an age thing . . . ) (Can't be bothered to look as using my phone while also juggling a pint of IPA and a rather nice cigar.)
Many restaurants sell what they purport to be a pie but in reality it's a bowl of stew with a pastry lid. xx(

yes there was a fashion for this back in London in the 80s I seem to recall.

In reality it was clear that what was behind this was pubs looking for a "product" they could produce easily and quickly from pre-prepared components (like two) that they could flog to the gullible as a premium "authentic product".

I well remember being puzzled the first time I came across one.

For I always thought pies had sides and bottoms.

Proto

Legendary Member
And this from Wipro - https://www.wipro.com/digital/

“Customer journey engineering

We put the customer at the center of a multidisciplinary, agile approach: alignment of strategy, design, and technology around the customer journey, enabling innovation of the product service experience through iterative, incremental activations and deliver continual enterprise transformation at speed and at scale.”

Drago

Legendary Member
These stupid strapline that Police forces have now. "Working for a safer London", "keeping people safe from harm", "total policing"...all real police straplines. If I were q Chief Freemason I would see that someone has too much time on their hands and no useful job to do, and would kick them out and save the Force their salary.

Instead, I would have "Banging up villains, ticketing misbehaving motorists" as my strapline. Tell it how it really is.

Wandering around st james james park in London a couple of years ago I got talking to a bloke about cycling. Turned out he was a recently retired copper from rochdale. He told me that the accepted term for what i would call habitual criminals, or if feeling posh, recividists, was "clients".

Top Bottom