Meaningless Pub (food) signs......or is it me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks, you're right. "Line Caught" always seems to be part of the hyperbole.
But don't assume it's a dude with a fishing rod. They drop huge lengths of cable into the sea with an awful lot of hooks then just drag it on after a while.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Overheard in my local, when asked if the food was fresh cooked, the bored barmaid answered--of course, "fresh cooked from frozen". How we chuckled.

Freds Dad

Veteran
Just passed one on my way back from the Heath: 'Come and discover our secret garden.' Not that secret, is it? I muttered...

Very similar with this bunker.

image.jpg

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
When younger, and still able to drink, I would have stood foursquare behind each of CAMRAs main points. Especially the one about people going out and visiting pubs, and trying different ales in such pubs. Perhaps university credit should be offered. Much better than pubs in the US, I'm sure.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General

Brains

Legendary Member
The local bakery has a sign up inside advertising "German Paris buns."

Last time I looked at a map of Europe, Paris was very definitely in France and if it has moved country, why have I not been informed of this huge event:wacko:
The buns were from around the early 1940's ? They also had German baguettes and German croissants as well. Possible all a bit stale through after 70 years in the freezer

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Slightly OT but along the same lines, Mrs Pplpilot refuses to eat in a place that give instruction on how to order your food.

1- find a vacant table and note the number
2- place your order at the bar quoting table number
3- sit back relax and we will bring your food to the table
Then what happens ? :unsure:

Venod

Eh up
Sign seen in Peter Kays Car Share outside pub.

Buy one pay for two.

Free function room hire, always makes me smile.

Top Bottom