Memorials and bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjd57

Veteran
IMG_20190307_142531604.jpg

a sadly neglected small memorial for the firefighters who lost their lives at the Cheapside Street fire in Glasgow.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
War memorial at Milton Ernest on this morning's ride .

IMG_20190309_064302770.jpg

Like the Bates - that's me on one in my avatar, but alas, the photo itself is 52 years old now and the bike was 2nd hand when I got it and I parted with it a long time ago, but it was a great ride.
Just blown up the pic. Nice but the admiring looks are being given to the scooter in the background. Vespa?

View attachment 460086 View attachment 460087 Since he is still alive, a commemoration rather than a memorial, the newly renamed Square Eddy Merckx in Woluwe where his parents had their shop and he lived as a kid.
I sometimes oddly wonder how bikes of that period (feel free to educate me/specify) ended up with paintjobs like that. They remind me of hotwheels toy cars, but I don't remember folks driving round the streets with cars like that.

Boulder City Nevada USA’s nod to the nearby Hoover Dam.
View attachment 453377
What sort of unwinding facilities does boulder city promote?

I sometimes oddly wonder how bikes of that period (feel free to educate me/specify) ended up with paintjobs like that. They remind me of hotwheels toy cars, but I don't remember folks driving round the streets with cars like that.

I suppose the answer is “because they could” . Fabric technology meant that with sublimated printing anything could be printed on a jersey (google team tonton tapis for the proof of this) and retina searing jerseys led to similar bikes. I say similar not matching as the team Z kit and bikes don’t exactly match, in fact the steel bikes (the one in the photo) and the carbon bikes have totally different paint jobs and neither match the kit:laugh::okay:xx(

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@BalkanExpress cool mural, but you rode there on a Lemond...... nothing wrong with the bike of course, but when you own a Merckx as you do it seems a missed opportunity, so go back and photograph it with the 'correct' bike^_^

Top Bottom